Gunfighter Pro not working with TM Warthog Adapter

Moderator: AdminGroup

edswafford

Gunfighter Pro not working with TM Warthog Adapter

Postby edswafford » Tue Jun 20, 2017 16:35

I'm getting a red blinking stick light when the TMW adapter is connected to the base. I found one other thread with a similar problem, but did not find a solution.
I'm using a Cougar stick. My understanding is the Warthog and Cougar sticks are 100% compatible. Is this correct?
Also I'm not sure how to verify the BB_GF-TM(1_85_2)0_79_99.cfg loaded correctly. Is the communications dependent on the config file?
I'm assuming it is not, because when I reinstall the KG12 I get a green stick light without changing back to the default config. Any help would be great.

Ron61

Re: Gunfighter Pro not working with TM Warthog Adapter

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 18:29

You can compare the Led settings for different profiles and correct it to the correct one. Show screenshots of the Led bookmark, with two different grip.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jun 20, 2017 20:45

edswafford wrote:I'm getting a red blinking stick light when the TMW adapter is connected to the base. I found one other thread with a similar problem, but did not find a solution.
I'm using a Cougar stick. My understanding is the Warthog and Cougar sticks are 100% compatible. Is this correct?
Also I'm not sure how to verify the BB_GF-TM(1_85_2)0_79_99.cfg loaded correctly. Is the communications dependent on the config file?
I'm assuming it is not, because when I reinstall the KG12 I get a green stick light without changing back to the default config. Any help would be great.

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2651 and here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2646 to get started. Please report back on how you're doing :)

Also, once the red LED issue is resolved, you then need the correct profile for all your TMW grip buttons to be recognized.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

edswafford

Postby edswafford » Tue Jun 20, 2017 22:03

It looks like my problem was loading the cfg file. As I suspected the cfg did not load correctly. Clicking the Load button under the Action Tab is only half the job. In this case Load means read in the cfg file and possibly verify it is valid. The step I was missing was to program the controller which is done by pressing the Set button from the Action Tab. I figured this out after doing some digging and finding the "Gunfighter Basic Troubleshooting and Calibration Guide" topic in the Manuals and HowTo forum.

Return to “Technical Support”