Phantom button presses

Moderator: AdminGroup

Andy L

Phantom button presses

Postby Andy L » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24

Hello,

I'm using a Gladiator Pro with T rudder pedals. It works perfectly in Windows, Wizzo, X-Plane, Star Citizen and others.

However, In Aerofly FS2 I am getting constant phantom button presses. The sim registers a press from button 98 several times per second, preventing me from binding other controls and axis. Sometimes it shows as button 100 or 101, I'm guessing from how I've set the mode button. Does the Gladiator even have a button 98? Has anyone else had this problem? I can't tell whether this is a problem with the stick or a problem with Aerofly. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Andy

Victorus

Re: Phantom button presses

Postby Victorus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 14:41

Please run VKBDevCfg and show screenshots of Profile - Buttons - Physical layer.
Gladiator has not so many physical buttons, but you can extend button number using logical ones.
Show screenshots of Clobal-Common and Profile - Common - Axes - Axes2Buttons tabs.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 14:53

Andy L wrote:In Aerofly FS2 I am getting constant phantom button presses. The sim registers a press from button 98 several times per second, preventing me from binding other controls and axis. Sometimes it shows as button 100 or 101, I'm guessing from how I've set the mode button. Does the Gladiator even have a button 98? Has anyone else had this problem? I can't tell whether this is a problem with the stick or a problem with Aerofly.

It is a minor compatibility issue with Aerofly, indeed. It is a known issue and we're on the way to solving it ("we" here stands up for Aerofly and VKB joining effort). Aerofly guys will receive our sample soon, and we're about to get Aerofly as well.
However as Aerofly's flight sim is a new kid in town, it is likely to take some time before the problem gets solved. Please understand. We're on it, but pls be patient.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Andy L

Postby Andy L » Tue Jun 20, 2017 19:26

Thanks Aerogator, that's great news.

Return to “Technical Support”