Wobble noticed on use Gunfighter w Warthog grip

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bad_Karma_701

Wobble noticed on use Gunfighter w Warthog grip

Postby Bad_Karma_701 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:19

I've noticed theres some play between the Warthog grip and the Gunfighter Adapter when I apply slight pressure i can make the stick wobble without moving the Axis. :cry: Any Ideas on how to narrow the issue down and a Fix to remove the play. thanks :)

there is slightly more play on the Y axis vs the X and the issue after taking a second look at the stick seems to be with where the adapter locks inside the grip, No issues from the adapter to the base. the gap is about 1/16th of an inch wide or 1.5 mm. I've pulled apart the handle and used some automotive silicone gasket maker to fill in the gap to snug it up but also allow a little flexibility may replace with a rubber gasket at a later time through a local hardware store Minor issue that could be rectified during the manufacturing process to include a gasket with the adapter.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

rrohde

Re: Wobble noticed on use Gunfighter w Warthog grip

Postby rrohde » Tue Jun 06, 2017 14:36

There shouldn't be any wobble if correctly installed, as both TMW grip halves fit tightly back in place after installing the adapter. Can you open up the grip and show some more images of how you put things together? Has the TMW grip been used for any other 3rd party attachment or so before that could have affected anything?
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Bad_Karma_701

Postby Bad_Karma_701 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 22:42

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos during the tear down that I did twice i thought maybe I assembled it Incorrectly somehow but after reassembly the play between the grip and adapter was still there so temporarily I've used some gasket maker to see if that takes the play away and narrows the tolerance down. and no the grip was purchased new from ThrustMaster prior to receiving the VKB base specifically for the VKB base. If the gasket I made doesn't remedy the situation Ill break down the grip again and takes photos throughout the process. Id be willing send in both as well for testing if a solution cant be found on my end if it improves future build quality or prevents another user from experiencing the same issue will update as soon as i can test it out again this weekend.

Cacique

Postby Cacique » Fri Jul 21, 2017 19:07

I have the same issue. Its definitely the TMW adapter with the TMW grip. There's play and I'm not sure how to mitigate it.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 22:15

Yep me too. Bit annoying really. I only really need the Warthog adapter until the MCG comes out in September. I wonder if the gasket maker worked for Bad Karma.

Cacique

Postby Cacique » Mon Jul 24, 2017 20:34

I fixed my issue by opening the Warthog stick and tightening the screw that the adapter uses. See attached image. I got a feeling this will get loose again over time and i will need to be tightened it again.
Attachments
TMWAdapterStick.jpg

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 0:20

Yup exactly what I did. It wasn't nipped up properly.

Can't wait for the MCG Pro TBH. Lighter springs, better feel, a grip that was deigned for the gimbal. The TM adaptor is handy until then but I won't be sorry to lose the TM grip. :wink:

Return to “Technical Support”