Glad Mk II additional buttons not working in Wizzo

Moderator: AdminGroup

Salty62

Glad Mk II additional buttons not working in Wizzo

Postby Salty62 » Wed May 31, 2017 20:19

So I am new to this joystick. Just recieved it yesterday. Using Wizzo not all the buttons show function. These are the additional buttons you get using the mode button. So I dont know if Wizzo doesnt show these buttons by design or if I have a problem. Also the pinky button does not work in Wizzo.
Second thing, I tried setting up a configuration in IL2 BoS and some buttons could be assigned in settings but don't work in game. I wonder if anyone has successfully done this and could give me some guidance.

Thanks!

Sokol1

Re: Glad Mk II additional buttons not working in Wizzo

Postby Sokol1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:22

In default profile loaded in controller EPROM pinky button is "shift" (modifier) for grip buttons, why is not show as DX button.

In default profile the mode button only work for grip buttons, not for the base buttons - if applicable to base buttons the number of DX buttons will surpass Windows 32 buttons limit, and and uniformed gamers will complain that buttons are "DOA". :mrgreen:

Flight games like IL-2 BoS, DCSW don't has problem with this Windows limitation, can see up to 64 and 128 buttons respectively. But old games, e.g. IL-2:46 will see only 32. This don't make the buttons above 32 unusable, but require keymapper software (e.g. Joy2Key).

Using VKB DevCfg you can alter this, example make pinky became a conventional DX button and not "shift", mode button change base buttons behavior.

Different buttons profile available there: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Profiles/Gladiator/

Salty62

Postby Salty62 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:05

Sokol1,

Thanks for responding. After several hours of pouring through several web site forums, I found the answers. You know, my only criticism of VKB is that their documentation is very weak. With the addition of a few paragraphs in the Wizzo manual, I could have been saved all the time I spent looking. For $245, I shouldn't have to go searching through the forums looking for an answer. But I appreciate your time to answer my questions. One additional question, is there anywhere a guide or manual for using the VKBDevC utility? I have seen bits and pieces of how this is used but more detail (regarding manipulating the buttons) is hard to find. This apparently was the fore runner of Wizzo and I am surprised that some manual isn't available to guide you through its use.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40

VKBDevCfg is complex software with not user friendly interface.
We created different profiles for Gladiators and you can use WIZZO for load the profile to the controller.
http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Profiles/Gladiator/

Return to “Technical Support”