Warthog grip = flashing red LED

Moderator: AdminGroup

aaron886

Warthog grip = flashing red LED

Postby aaron886 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:04

I can't get the WH grip to be recognized by VKBdevCFG. When I connect the grip and plug in the stick, I get a blinking red light, and the program says "Device cannot be opened." I was meticulous with the installation, and just checked - no pinched wires. I have to say I think it's the board, because with the KG-12 grip I get a green light and no issues. Shot in the dark - do different Warthogs have different firmware in the grip?

One interesting point, the colors of the wires on my PCB do not match those in the instruction PDFs... my black (ground?) wire is on the opposite side of the warthog PCB connection plug.

Any ideas?

aaron886

Re: Warthog grip = flashing red LED

Postby aaron886 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:22

Update - I tested the KG-12 in joytester... axes move correctly there and I do get a green light on the Blackbox. However, I can't run VKBdevCFG with the KG-12 grip either. Same error as when I attempt to run it with the WH grip. (Or no grip, for that matter.) What have I done?

EDIT: SOLVED! Perhaps this will help with debugging others' problems-- After restarting my computer, VKBdevCFG worked normally with the KG-12 grip. I then tried the WH grip, and sure enough,
although it flashed red at first, I was able to run VKBdevCFG and load the Warthog firmware successfully. Everything seems to be working correctly now. Solution, apparently, was to restart the computer. I feel like an old person. :mrgreen:

UIV
Мастер

Re: Warthog grip = flashing red LED

Postby UIV » Thu May 11, 2017 9:29

I'm glad to hear it.

Return to “Technical Support”