Is this normal? Gunfighter leaning right. (Refund bounced)

Moderator: AdminGroup

UIV
Мастер

Re: Is this normal? Gunfighter leaning right.

Postby UIV » Thu May 04, 2017 5:25

A refund is not problem. Thank you for you time.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue May 09, 2017 3:22

Today I had some time to check out the Gunfighter that was returned to me.

I did some testing of the centering mechanism, changed the cam, spring, and damper settings, and spent some quality time in DCS.

Just to verify the centering, I've tested with #10 (soft center cam), #40 springs, and no damper; here's the VKBjoytester result - both axes return to dead center every time - with some oscillation due to the soft spring, soft center, and no damper:
Untitled.png

Later, for fun, I've changed the cams to #30 (hard center detent), #50 springs (from my Gunfighter Pro), and some damper dialed in; VKBjoyster once again the return to center immediately because of the strong center detent, strong springs and the damper settings. This is a pretty aggressive setting:
Untitled2.png

Again, the Gunfighter is highly customizable and allows these drastic configuration changes in the first place. That allows users to really get the stick set up the way they want to, even though getting it 'just right' might initially be daunting if you're coming from other brand sticks where this type of customization is not possible.

The Gunfighter's gimbal is built to allow for 12 bits of precision; the grip returns to center with high accuracy of 0.01 degree.

So, there you have it. A fully adjustable gimbal, universal in design, with a really small footprint. You can customize your Gunfighter to your heart's content - so spend some time with it doing so. The results are certainly worth it. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

VCQBR

Postby VCQBR » Wed May 10, 2017 1:19

Glad to see you were able to calibrate it.

I see you don't mention anything at all about it being crooked. Did you fix that too?

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed May 10, 2017 4:13

I made a note about this in the first post:

"The Gunfighter's cam loading mechanism results in a certain degree of angle (or lean as you referred to it), which is factored into the overall design and is normal for gimbals with one cam per axis. This does not affect the accuracy of the grip returning to center within 0.01 degrees, as it is compensated for by the MCU (Micro Controller Unit)."
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

VCQBR

Postby VCQBR » Wed May 10, 2017 5:03

Thank you for the clarification.

Guess that means VKB products are not for me. Having something so visibility that far off just rubs me the wrong way.

Much appreciated.

VCQBR

Re: Is this normal? Gunfighter leaning right. (Refund bounced)

Postby VCQBR » Fri May 12, 2017 0:07

Oh, completely unrelated suggestion:

You might want to consider a future blackbox with two joystick inputs.
This would be of interest to the hard core dual stick space sim players. Especially in games like Star Citizen where it doesn't handle multiple imput devices as well as it should.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri May 12, 2017 2:35

Yes, the blackbox has the ability to connect several joysticks (through a splitter for "Stic" connector).

ariley1984

Postby ariley1984 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23

Hi UIV

Could you clarify what sort of cable is required to split so two joysticks can be connected.

Cheers

Return to “Technical Support”