FBM Mk III & VKB Dev Confing V 0.78.99

Moderator: AdminGroup

Weegie

FBM Mk III & VKB Dev Confing V 0.78.99

Postby Weegie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 18:11

I downloaded the latest Dev Config, but cannot get it to see my FBM Mk III

I've been using 0.77.23 up until now and the stick is recognized with that version

Is the latest version compatible with the old 5 pin plug config or is it only suitable for the new 3 pin OR am I missing something in setting up the latest version to run?

rrohde

Re: FBM Mk III & VKB Dev Confing V 0.78.99

Postby rrohde » Sun Feb 26, 2017 22:01

It might be the firmware that needs to be upgraded as well in order for the stick to work with the newer VKBdevCfg releases.

Have a look here for a newer firmware version:
http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 22:41

Weegie wrote:I downloaded the latest Dev Config, but cannot get it to see my FBM Mk III

I've been using 0.77.23 up until now and the stick is recognized with that version

Is the latest version compatible with the old 5 pin plug config or is it only suitable for the new 3 pin OR am I missing something in setting up the latest version to run?

What is the latest version, that you have downloaded, number? What version of firmware do you use? These versions must correspond. Up-to-date configuration tool versions "know" about modern devices and firmwares and support all of them.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 23:05

Thanks for the help guys

Firmware in the stick is 1.79, which I think is the latest, but correct me if I'm wrong

Version of VKB Dev Config I downloaded but will not run is as title 0.78.99. I downloaded from 2 separate sources and neither work, stick is not recognized and when I exit I also get an error.

Should after I exit out of 0.77.23 do a reboot, I did close it down and cycled the stick on and off to make sure.......................no luck

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 0:20

" Come in here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908 dear boy, have a cigar
You're gonna go far, you're gonna fly high..." Pink Floud, Wish you were here

Latest 0.79.04 VKBDevCfg and 1.82 firmware in batch compilation. It works.

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 15:16

So I'm quite obviously doing something extremely stupid

Downloaded all the files, to be clear here I'm just wanting to confirm that the multipart .rar files self extract when the first is unzipped?

This gives me the VK Config of the following size

File size 3.9 Mb and marked wrongly as version 0.79.01

Next I successfully upgraded the firmware to 1.82, I'm showing you this in VKB Config V 0.77.55, I'll get to 0.79.04 in a minute

When I open 0.79.04 I get this

"Device cannot be opened"

When I exit 0.79.04 I get this

"Abnormal program termination"

At first I could get neither 0.77.55 nor 0.79.04 to communicate with the stick, which was exciting.

After cycling the stick on and off a few times 0.77.55 came back from the dead and started to talk to the stick, so I have not reduced my FBM to a desktop ornament.

0.79.04 however is refusing point blank to cooperate...........................I'm obviously missing something but I have no clue what that is.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 15:54

Tried to do the same. Updated firmware. Everything is OK.

vkbdevcfg_7904.png

PS
To make readable screenshot of a program window, activate it and press Alt+PrintScreen instead of PrintScreen.
Attachments
folder.png

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 16:44

I'm running the stick through a 4 port hub, 2 of the ports are used, should I try going through a connector directly at the back of the computer?

Just a thought, though its strange that the lower version works fine in this configuration

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed May 03, 2017 14:27

So I reflashed the Firmware to 1.82 and loaded the program 0_79_04

Getting exactly the same results as posted before, I'm running Win 7 64 bit

Nobody else with this problem?

The only thing I can think of trying is to reset the stick back to default before retrying this, however I'd have thought that loading the new firmware would have effectively reset the stick anyway

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed May 03, 2017 15:05

VKBdevcfg 0.79.04 can not work with Mamba v. 1.82?

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed May 03, 2017 15:22

Just getting the same as before

I can upgrade the Firmware to 1.82, but when I load Device Config 0_79_04, I get the Device Cannot be Opened error

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed May 03, 2017 22:13

Also tried hardware reboot flashed 1.82 Firmware but still get the same error loading the VKB_Device program

Also tried 0_79_9_9 and getting the same result

Another thing I've noticed recently too is it's becoming very difficult to change configurations.

Nearly every time I upload and set a configuration, it loads as expected but when I try it out with either the tester in the VKB_Device program or a Keyboard Recorder nothing happens and it takes several reboots to get keystrokes to work if at all.

The buttons and axes all seem to be recognized though, its quite frustrating

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Thu May 04, 2017 21:37

Ok this is nothing to do with the stick or the software. :oops:

It's some sort of Windows conflict that in reality I'll probably never get to the bottom of. :roll:

Fortunately I have an old laptop next to the desktop running Vista which has no peripherals attached.

Loaded the VKB Dev Config onto it, plugged in the stick and tried swapping device profiles 4-5 times.

Every time the stick loaded the software and the keystrokes were registering, flawlessly.

This just never really happened on the desktop at all and recently seemed to be getting worse!!!

The plan now is to get a 2 into 1 USB switch and run the device software from the laptop, load up the relevant configuration, then connect the stick back to the desktop. With a switch and cabled up correctly its going to relatively little extra hassle

The alternative is a clean Windows install, which would take a week or so and involve untold anguish and mayhem. Even then there would be no guarantee whatsoever that the conflict would be resolved

I'll try to upgrade the firmware and run the latest VKB Dev tomorrow, but I'm almost 100% that its all going to work

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu May 04, 2017 21:54

Let's see what UIV has to say when he comes online. Maybe he knows a trick or so in addition to what Victor has shard with you.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Tue May 09, 2017 17:07

So update & still no further forward

The FBM and VKB Dev 0_77_23 work flawlessly on my old Vista laptop.

I completed a re-install of Win7 on a clean SSD and have not had any other HID devices with the exception of keyboard and trackball installed and still the behavior is exactly the same.

I can reflash but cannot get any of the later versions of VKB Dev to work with the 1.82 firmware.

In conjunction with this setting different profiles to the FBM most times will not work. I am referring to keyboard codes programmed in VKB Dev.

When downloaded and checked with a keystroke recorder or the device tester within the VKB Dev program, I get nothing.

After restarting occasionally the keystrokes seem to work.

I've also tried a different keyboard than my normal device, to ensure nothing was amiss there, same result with another keyboard.

I normally run the device through a 4 port hub and have also tried the stick directly to a USB port in the back of the computer, no change

So far I've tried loading in the programs via the laptop (Vista) then changing the stick over to the desktop (Win 7) and I've only tried it a few times so far, but that always seems to work

I'm starting to wonder if something in the stick is faulty as nobody else seems to be experiencing this problem

ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

Is there any way to do conduct checks on the stick's hardware or any advice from the experts........................Please!!!!!!

Return to “Technical Support”