FBM Mk III & VKB Dev Confing V 0.78.99

Moderator: AdminGroup

Weegie

Re: FBM Mk III & VKB Dev Confing V 0.78.99

Postby Weegie » Thu May 11, 2017 10:43

I was trying a DirectX button profile yesterday.

Primarily I'm using the stick for DCS so although I like to use the keyboard command, DCS can also accept DirectX buttons from the stick instead.

I've just started to make some profiles up and so far the button profiles seem to behave themselves, unlike the hit and miss programmed key commands.

I'll continue to experiment on and off and report if I find anything out.

For now I'm just pleased that I have a way to transfer profiles form one module to another inside DCS that doesn't involve either multiple restarts of the stick or switching across computers.

The weird thing on my desktop is everything else appears to work flawlessly and I'm not running anything too outrageous or that isnb't pretty mainstream. The other devices I have are a couple CH products throttles and a TM Hog throttle all of which behave as they should.

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Sun May 14, 2017 11:26

Removed the CH software, switched off the CH devices, rebooted.

Still the problem persists so it's neither the Corsair Keyboard or the CH keyboard devices causing the problem.

Starting to loose the will to live with this dammed thing.

Thank God for the button configuration programming feature behaves

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed May 17, 2017 13:49

The saga continues I'm only going through this in the forlorn hope that it might help either VKB or if some other soul is unfortunate enough to encounter this problem

So I decided to conduct the last experiment I can currently think of.

Connected the stick to the Vista Laptop, downloaded the 1.82 Firmware and tried to open VKB_Dev_Cfg 79_9_9

That worked a treat.

Transferred the stick back to the Win 7 Desktop and tried to open VKB_Dev_Cfg 79_9_9

Same old problems the stick isn't listed and the abnormal program termination error

I'm pretty much certain the problem is something to connected to Win 7 or my hardware in the desktop and the stick is fine.

It would also appear the problem is related to the VKB_Dev_Cfg program and not the firmware

For now I'm content enough, I can program the stick using the Dx buttons using VKB_Dev_Cfg 77_2_0 and it all works well.

Return to “Technical Support”