T-Link software English manual

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ack-Ack

T-Link software English manual

Postby Ack-Ack » Mon Feb 06, 2017 23:21

Are there any English instructions on how to use the T-Link software? It's not very intuitive and a rather large, unnecessary pain in the ass.

When I press on the button to "Capture Brake Source", it doesn't recognize my press of the pedals but will recognize if I press the button on my CH Combat Stick. When I click on the Test button, I get a message pop up that T-Link has stopped. I have no idea what happens when I press the red Start/Stop button as all it shows under status when I press that button is "sending data" and "deactivated".

Maybe think about including some basic instructions the next time you develop any sort of software.

rrohde

Re: T-Link software English manual

Postby rrohde » Tue Feb 07, 2017 0:56

I provided this little write-up some time ago on the DCS forum; maybe it helps:

1) I assigned a brake button for these virtual toe brakes on one of my HOTAS devices by clicking the ^ button on the left, and the pressing the button I want for toe brake on my HOTAS stick.

2) Press the Start/Stop button, and this will enable the T-Link software to run in the background while playing DCS.

3) I tested my virtual toe brake button, and it actually triggered the Y and Z axes of the T-Rudder itself. So long as you keep the virtual toe brake button pressed, the Y and Z axes go to the max extent. If you depress the left/right rudder pedals respectively, while still pressing and holding the virtual toe brake button, only the Y or the Z axis is activated.

Now I have to test it in DCS; I believe I will have to assign the Tiny Box' (in the case of the Mk.IV pedals, it's BlackBox) Y and Z axis to the wheel brake axes for each plane? Going to give it a shot!

EDIT: Okay, I've tried it just now with the Me-109 and it works surprisingly well! So, what I've done was the following:

1) With the T-Link started, and verifying that it runs in the background (there's a small green icon in the taskbar indicating it's on), I went into DCS.
2) I went to the Axis Assign options of the 109 and selected the Left Wheel Brake (Analog) Axis. In order to assign it, I depressed my T-Rudder to the left, and then pressed the HOTAS button that I assigned as virtual toe brake earlier. DCS picked up the correct T-Rudder axis assignment (Y-Axis).
3) I repeated the same for the Right Wheel Brake (Analog) Axis of my 109; pressing the T-Rudder first and then the assigned HOTAS button triggered the Z-Axis of the T-Rudder.
4) After a quick test, all I had to do was invert the Y and Z Axes of my virtual toe brakes, and I'm in business!
5) FYI - I didn't have to assign the Both Wheels Brake axis in DCS, because when not depressing the T-Rudder pedals, the assigned HOTAS button brakes both wheels - thanks to this T-Link software.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:50

Ack-Ack wrote:A
When I press on the button to "Capture Brake Source", it doesn't recognize my press of the pedals but will recognize if I press the button on my CH Combat Stick. When I click on the Test button, I get a message pop up that T-Link has stopped.

Ack-ack,

What you have with T-Link is "British brakes" and not "tip-toe-brakes", move the rudder pedal bar don't press the brakes like you imagine, this movement only determines what wheel (left or right) will be braked.
What press the brakes is the ''bicycle" like handle in control column... OK, the button that you have assigned in your joystick (or throttle).

Ack-Ack

Postby Ack-Ack » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:23

rrohde wrote:I provided this little write-up some time ago on the DCS forum; maybe it helps:

1) I assigned a brake button for these virtual toe brakes on one of my HOTAS devices by clicking the ^ button on the left, and the pressing the button I want for toe brake on my HOTAS stick.

2) Press the Start/Stop button, and this will enable the T-Link software to run in the background while playing DCS.

3) I tested my virtual toe brake button, and it actually triggered the Y and Z axes of the T-Rudder itself. So long as you keep the virtual toe brake button pressed, the Y and Z axes go to the max extent. If you depress the left/right rudder pedals respectively, while still pressing and holding the virtual toe brake button, only the Y or the Z axis is activated.

Now I have to test it in DCS; I believe I will have to assign the Tiny Box' (in the case of the Mk.IV pedals, it's BlackBox) Y and Z axis to the wheel brake axes for each plane? Going to give it a shot!

EDIT: Okay, I've tried it just now with the Me-109 and it works surprisingly well! So, what I've done was the following:

1) With the T-Link started, and verifying that it runs in the background (there's a small green icon in the taskbar indicating it's on), I went into DCS.
2) I went to the Axis Assign options of the 109 and selected the Left Wheel Brake (Analog) Axis. In order to assign it, I depressed my T-Rudder to the left, and then pressed the HOTAS button that I assigned as virtual toe brake earlier. DCS picked up the correct T-Rudder axis assignment (Y-Axis).
3) I repeated the same for the Right Wheel Brake (Analog) Axis of my 109; pressing the T-Rudder first and then the assigned HOTAS button triggered the Z-Axis of the T-Rudder.
4) After a quick test, all I had to do was invert the Y and Z Axes of my virtual toe brakes, and I'm in business!
5) FYI - I didn't have to assign the Both Wheels Brake axis in DCS, because when not depressing the T-Rudder pedals, the assigned HOTAS button brakes both wheels - thanks to this T-Link software.

Thank you. Do you mind if I repost your instructions on the Aces High forums since not all of us that use VKB gear play (I know, I should be flogged) DCS? There are a few VKB pedals users over there that are in the same straights I'm in.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Feb 18, 2017 19:17

Ack-Ack wrote:Thank you. Do you mind if I repost your instructions on the Aces High forums since not all of us that use VKB gear play (I know, I should be flogged) DCS? There are a few VKB pedals users over there that are in the same straights I'm in.

Of course! Feel free to do so! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “Technical Support”