Gladiator Pro Warthog Adapter

Moderator: AdminGroup

prionic1

Gladiator Pro Warthog Adapter

Postby prionic1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57

Hello,

I've installed the warthog adapter correctly on the Gladiator Pro and I've gotten it all put back together. I've managed to, after MANY MANY attempts and trials, to get the latest firmware installed on the Gladiator Pro (v1.808) and finally gotten WIZZO and VKB Device Config v0.77.55 to recognize the Gladiator Pro.

Now, however, the buttons on the base of the Gladiator Pro register fine, but still as before the firmware update/flash, the buttons on the Warthog stick do not register.

What on earth do you have to do to get this thing working? This is taking WAAAAYYYY longer than it should and is way too technical... should come shipped with a USB drive with a .exe that you double click and then it's working. :/

At least ship the adapter with real instructions... or any for that matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

prionic1

Re: Gladiator Pro Warthog Adapter

Postby prionic1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:19

OMG... I THINK I finally figured it out... Buttons are now registering in WIZZO... I needed to load the Warthog Adapter Profile that was emailed to me by rrhode... That needs to be put on the VKB download site if it's not... maybe I missed it?

I did... there is a profile on there for the Warthog Adapter... I think the real issue here is the lack of instruction/communication.

EXCELLENT products that IMHO FAR exceed anything else out there mechanically that I've seen... just some logistics issues to figure out.

I'll report back once I get it actually flying in DCS World and test it.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:56

Glad to have been of help! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

mov

Postby mov » Sat Jan 07, 2017 13:03

С уважением, Ольга.

prionic1

Postby prionic1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 23:33

Thanks mov.

Yeah I got it working and it works great. I put the black Warthog cam in for the pitch axis as well as the black springs. The black springs are way too heavy for me. I found that the lighter springs work way better for me even if they don't hold the Warthog stick perfectly straight up.

Would have been nice to just make the adapter offset the stick back a tiny bit so it would balance properly on the gimbal.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Jan 07, 2017 23:54

Keep in mind that when you calibrate, the outcome should always be everything is dead-center regardless of the actual stick position since the cams are the basis for centering. :)

PS: Just to be sure - when calibrating within VKBdevCfg you don't have to move the stick at all - just click "Start Calibr", and then "End Calibr", and then go and have a look at the Test > Axes panel.
VKB North America

prionic1

Postby prionic1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:20

Lol, details.... see I didn't know that. I hit calibrate and move the stick all over, haha. I'll do it again when I'm back at work.

prionic1

Postby prionic1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39

Ok, you are correct, it is not required to move the joystick on the gladiator pro while calibrating.

However, when I calibrated the stick today with no movement, the x and y axis values only used about half of the possible range of motion of either axis. In DCS world, the stick was obviously SUPER sensitive. I tested the x and y axis in the vkb tool on the test tab, and sure enough, moving the stick only halfway in any direction would register as full axis movement.

I went back and calibrated the stick again and this time, I moved the stick all over the place edge to edge x and y axis and let it sit in the ceter untouched at the end when I clicked to finish the calibration. Back on the test tab in the vkb tool, movement of the stick now registered full range of each axis across the whole range of motion of the stick.

Went back into DCS World anf tried again and was WAY better of course.

You may want to move the stick during calibration... apparently I certainly do. Maybe it has to do with either the hardware or firmware of the Warthog adapter.

david_wi

Postby david_wi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:47

After reading all the mess with this adapter, I will not change my WT stick.
I ordered the adapter from VKB FSC EUROPE and it is on the way.....
I know that to combine two different technologies is always a problem.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jan 10, 2017 23:19

prionic1 wrote:Ok, you are correct, it is not required to move the joystick on the gladiator pro while calibrating.

However, when I calibrated the stick today with no movement, the x and y axis values only used about half of the possible range of motion of either axis. In DCS world, the stick was obviously SUPER sensitive. I tested the x and y axis in the vkb tool on the test tab, and sure enough, moving the stick only halfway in any direction would register as full axis movement.

I went back and calibrated the stick again and this time, I moved the stick all over the place edge to edge x and y axis and let it sit in the ceter untouched at the end when I clicked to finish the calibration. Back on the test tab in the vkb tool, movement of the stick now registered full range of each axis across the whole range of motion of the stick.

Went back into DCS World anf tried again and was WAY better of course.

You may want to move the stick during calibration... apparently I certainly do. Maybe it has to do with either the hardware or firmware of the Warthog adapter.

Could be a firmware thing. Going off of my Mamba, I never have to move the stick to calibrate, and it's based on the same gimbal as your Glad Pro has. But - as long as it works for you, it's all good! :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jan 10, 2017 23:20

david_wi wrote:After reading all the mess with this adapter, I will not change my WT stick.

Once you have that TM Warthog grip adapted for the VKB base, all you need is to load the TM Warthog profile via VKBdevCfg and you're all set. :)
VKB North America

prionic1

Postby prionic1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:52

david_wi wrote:After reading all the mess with this adapter, I will not change my WT stick.

If you already have the adapter on the way, I'd say definitely give it a shot. It's super easy to do, just the directions were non existent.

Physically the adapter is a snap to put in. I could put my WT stick back on the original base in less than five minutes. That, however, is something I won't be doing because the vkb base is SOOOOO much better imho.

Way more responsive and precise. The TM WH stiction issue is real and affects me. I have to compensate how I fly to use it. I can hardly get close to being able to refuel in flight on dcs. Withthe vkb base, I wont say refueling is easy, but it's cake compared to with the Warthog base.

louviljlj

Warthog Adapter for Gladiator Pro not working

Postby louviljlj » Fri Jan 13, 2017 0:18

I installed the Warthog Adapter to my Gladiator Pro and the stick buttons do not work. Tested it in VKB Joytester and buttons do not work. Put the Gladiator grip back on and the button work on it. I put the Warhog stick back on the Warthog base and button work. I put the warthog stick back on the Gladiator base and buttons do not work. I thought it would be plug and play or do I need a configuration file so the the stick buttons can be seen? Was hoping this would be easier than when I tried to get my Pedals to work with the stick but never could.

rrohde

Re: Warthog Adapter for Gladiator Pro not working

Postby rrohde » Fri Jan 13, 2017 0:26

Please verify the steps here from the Quick Guide:
http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=tm-w ... ck-guide-2

TM Warthog Gladiator Pro Profile is here:
http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=glad ... og-profile

Double check if you didn't break any cables in the Warthog grip, as that's easy to do when putting it back together.

If the cables are okay, and you put the grip on correctly with making good electric contact, go ahead and load the TM Warthog profile and test again.

Fingers crossed! :)
VKB North America

louviljlj

Postby louviljlj » Fri Jan 13, 2017 0:46

I have the Gladitor Pro and Warhog Adapter. I am trying to get my handle buttons to work. After loading the GlPro W Hato file and I try to set it to stick I get the CPUID Error. I am using VKBDeviceconfig-C program to load it. I have never been able to get the Wizzo program to work so I don't use it. Any help woud be appreciated I have waited a long time to get this adapter and so want it to work.
C

Return to “Technical Support”