Gladiator Pro Warthog Adapter

Moderator: AdminGroup

IL2windhawk

Re: Gladiator Pro Warthog Adapter

Postby IL2windhawk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 20:17

Bumping this thread, because I have a Gladiator Pro Mk.I that was running the old 1.801 firmware, and I was trying to interface it with a Warthog stick. The information on Page 2 of this thread was the key to resolving my issue. I did everything per insights gleaned on page 2, except I used updated firmware and VKB apps that were released after the dialogue occurred.

Like user "louviljlj" on page 2, I tried to update firmware on my gaming PC but experienced nothing but failures. Like him, I was getting hung up at the "bootloader" stage, because my device kept displaying a 'red' status in the program. From what I can tell, the weird thing about these VKB controllers is that they don't like to update firmware if ANYTHING else is plugged into other USB ports. So I couldn't my USB mouse or keyboard and thus I could not operate the bootloader software. I had to use my wife's laptop, which has a built in keyboard and trackpad.

Also, like user "louviljlj", I couldn't get the bootloader to program to recognize the stick properly if I launched it from the bootloader program "exe", or from WIZZO. I had to use the link from the VKB configuration software, then magically things worked on the laptop. It was quite weird, because from all appearances, the VKB configuration 'bootloader' link just opens the bootloader program. Why I couldn't just start there is unknown to me. Once I updated firmware to the latest, all the dominos fell.

Most of the stick buttons work, but not all of them. The fwd position on the thumb hat doesn't register, and the entire flat black hat doesn't register. I think I read somewhere that 32 buttons is a limitation of Windows USB controllers? If so, I imagine that I can probably start messing with the VKB config files and choose which buttons to disable.

Anyways, again... just bumping this for future value to others with the same quandary.

Return to “Technical Support”