VKBsim Gladiator Pro Recognition

Moderator: AdminGroup

JWarner

VKBsim Gladiator Pro Recognition

Postby JWarner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:07

Hello to all!

I had just recently gotten the VKBsim Gladiator Pro off of amazon.com. The entire controller is fully function..with exceptions. When I plug in the controller to my main USB port that I used with previous joysticks, the joystick only will recognize up, down, left, and right movement, along with only a few buttons. This is the case for both modes, mode 1 and mode 2. I had been working around on how to fix it and at different periods of time, it'll start working without anything actually being done or confirmed to be done. It works until I unplug it. Pushing the stick in any direction works. Yaw (twisting the stick) isn't registered. The axis' that work are the Y and Z (left, right, etc movement, and the throttle. Some buttons like flaps, mode, and the starter button all work fine. The other buttons don't start working until 15 minutes to an hour after being plugged in.

I have had many issues with using it for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Gaijin's War Thunder mainly. All presets are saved and work once the joystick decides to work. :(

I have used wizzo to see if my control surfaces and buttons worked, I have used the control panel in windows 10 to try and find a solution, but it just shows only the buttons and surfaces that appear to be usable as of then.

I need anyone's help on figuring out why the joystick won't just plug in and play.

Im running a 64-bit computer with the latest version of Windows 10. Could this be the joystick software issue? I don't want to install firmware if there's an easy fix and risk messing it up more than anything at this point of time.

Thanks!
-Jordan

rrohde

Re: VKBsim Gladiator Pro Recognition

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:15

Hi JWarner,

a few pointers here:

- Never calibrate VKB devices using Windows Joystick Applet; if you did, restore to the default setting from within Windows Joystick Applet!

- In WIZZO, calibration requires all axes to be moved to their full extent.

- With Gladiator (Pro), don't forget to calibrate throttle axis as well.

- Also, can you please provide screenshots from the VKBDevCfg software: we need the General page, and from the Profile page the "physical" and "logical" axes.

Thanks.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:38

JWarner wrote:Hello to all!
Yaw (twisting the stick) isn't registered.

Just to clarify - the Gladiator Pro does *not* have a twist grip for a rudder axis... do you have the Gladiator Pro or the Gladiator (non-pro)? Thanks.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

JWarner

Postby JWarner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 21:30

Okay I had just seen that I have the non-pro because my joystick has a twistable rudder.

I haven't calibrated the joystick in the windows applet at all. When I go to wizzo, I run the program as administrator and click on start for the calibration, but hardly any of the buttons are registering when I press them and pushing the stick forwards, backwards, left, and right is the only stick registration. The yaw doesn't register and sits at '65535' while I twist it. When it works, the numbers increase and decrease.

I am not sure on how to get the dev tool..any walk through or explanation on how I can get it and run it?

Thanks!

JWarner

Postby JWarner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 21:37

And one more note - I got the VKbDevCfg and when my stick is plugged in, nothing happens. It looks like this. Nothing is clickable :?
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 22:53

It should be noted the check-box Expert Mode and the rest after the next collapse. And the joystick to highlight the name of the left mouse button, while the rest appear.
And you need to update the firmware on this here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2355#p23008.

Return to “Technical Support”