Gladiator joytick twist axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

CmputrBlu

Gladiator joytick twist axis

Postby CmputrBlu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24

Recently picked up a Gladiator joystick and am putting it through it's paces. I've run into an issue with some older games though where I can reassign axis. I can't some older sims to recognize the twist axis at all. In Microsoft FS I had to reassign the rudder to a correct axis and it worked; but I can't do that with some older games. I noticed that in an older joystick the work the twist axis is "Z" but with the Gladiator joystick it's "X" Why is it "X" and is there anyway to change it so it's recognized across the board.

Thanks

Sokol1

Re: Gladiator joytick twist axis

Postby Sokol1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 17:50

Strange that "X" is show as twist rudder in this old games, normally in joysticks "X" is aileron axis... :?:

Anyway with VKB Config Software you can change axis assignments - await some Guru help. :mrgreen:

CmputrBlu

Postby CmputrBlu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 23:04

It's the Windows joystick calibration that shows the joystick twist as "Z Rotation" for my Thrustmaster joystick. Thanks for the info will look it up.

JimmyC

Postby JimmyC » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:20

I would love to know if its possible to lock the twisty rudder on the gladiator joystick, as I have pedals and don't need the function,
I have done a search but I cannot find any information, I am presuming its not possible at this moment but would like to know for sure..
Thank you for any knowledge..
Jimmy

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10

Seems that the middle hole you see in this picture is for stop the "twist":

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/mo ... 148966.jpg

Using this "hardware": http://thumbs.picclick.com/00/s/ODkwWDg ... ips-_1.jpg

:mrgreen:

Don't see the appropriated measures mentioned in any place, of course need be short or will "screw" internal wires. :)

Return to “Technical Support”