"Rubbing" feel when moving stick

Moderator: AdminGroup

Luft1942

"Rubbing" feel when moving stick

Postby Luft1942 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:13

So far so great with my Gladiator other than this "rubbing" feeling when I pull back on the stick and roll. It feels almost like it needs lubrication but it shouldn't since I've only had it 3 days now. Could it be the bottom of the stick rubbing against the grommet possibly? Everything is acting fine it just feels like it's rubbing against something. No squeaking either...

I don't remember if it's done this since I got it but I just noticed today. If it gets any worse or I notice the stick acting funny I will definitely return it for another one since this is the best stick I've ever used. Has anyone else expierenced the "rubbing" feel I described?

AirHog

Re: "Rubbing" feel when moving stick

Postby AirHog » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:28

How is it now? I just got mine today and I can't wait get home and try it out.

Snuffmaster

Postby Snuffmaster » Wed Sep 28, 2016 20:41

I have had a similar issue develop after roughly two weeks of ownership and very little use of the stick. The issue lies within the ball bearings - both have developed a rough, rubbing feeling when under load by the cam, but only the pitch axis has developed enough friction to be clearly felt when moving the stick. I submitted a contact request describing the issue on the 28th and am waiting for a response. The issue is bad enough that I will perform an RMA request unless the ball bearings can be replaced; this has made a major impact on my opinion of VKB products and I very much hope to see them active and engaged in adressing the ball bearing quality and issues that arise around them. I will keep this thread updated on how and if the issue is handled.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:23

Luft1942 wrote:So far so great with my Gladiator other than this "rubbing" feeling when I pull back on the stick and roll. It feels almost like it needs lubrication but it shouldn't since I've only had it 3 days now. Could it be the bottom of the stick rubbing against the grommet possibly? Everything is acting fine it just feels like it's rubbing against something. No squeaking either...

I don't remember if it's done this since I got it but I just noticed today. If it gets any worse or I notice the stick acting funny I will definitely return it for another one since this is the best stick I've ever used. Has anyone else expierenced the "rubbing" feel I described?

Can you tell me which model of joystick you have? Gladiator or Gladiator Pro? Where did you order this joystick?

Luft1942

Postby Luft1942 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 13:54

Sorry for the delay in my response but I own the standard Gladiator and ordered it from Amazon. I am still experiencing this "rubbing" or feeling of friction in my joystick but it has not worsened and I'm still able to use it I just find it very annoying. The joystick is no longer eligible to be returned to Amazon so if it were to get worse would VKB be able to send me a new replacement stick?

Return to “Technical Support”