Correct way to calibrate Gladiator?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Luft1942

Correct way to calibrate Gladiator?

Postby Luft1942 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:09

So I received my stick today and was fooling around with Wizzo and I accidently messed my calibration up. I think I got it back calibrated right but I am not sure. When I press the stick fully forward it reads zero and when I pull it back it maxes out to some 356355 or something like that I can't remember, is this correct? This applies to my roll and yaw as well. Everything seems to be okay when I'm flying but I just wanted to double check. Also, I hit bootloader to see what that does but nothing happened except a CPUID error? Is that a big deal or would it effect my stick in anyway?

Bourrinopathe

Re: Correct way to calibrate Gladiator?

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33

Your axes values are perfectly normal. Nothing wrong.
An axis range goes from 0 to 65535 and the neutral/center position is 32767 (unless it's a throttle/rotary).

I'm not home to test the Bootloader with WIZZO, but that CPUID error shouldn't interfere with your Gladiator if everything seems normal. Just in case, you can disconnect and plug the Gladiator back in.
I only used the VKB Device Config software to update the firmware.
If it works don't worry about the advanced functions (unless you really need to). ;)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Luft1942

Postby Luft1942 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 13:36

Thank you! I just checked my axis values and 32767 was showing for my roll and yaw axis and my pitch axis was showing 33020 but I'm assuming it's not a problem if it shows a slightly different value.

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 16:37

Not a problem at all: the different values result from the soft-free center of the Gladiator (no hard-center). That's a feature, not a bug :mrgreen:
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Luft1942

Postby Luft1942 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 19:07

Bourrinopathe wrote:Not a problem at all: the different values result from the soft-free center of the Gladiator (no hard-center). That's a feature, not a bug :mrgreen:

Oh okay thanks again sir for your quick response! Have a nice day :wink:

Return to “Technical Support”