Gladiator Pro Button Re-Mapping

Moderator: AdminGroup

kverdon

Gladiator Pro Button Re-Mapping

Postby kverdon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21

Hi All, I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm trying to get my Gladiator Pro to work with Wings Over Flanders Fields. The issue I have is that the Gladiator Pro Trigger is mapped as Button 14 and WOFF will not accept Button 14 to fire guns. I can define it to work as button 14 but it is ignored when I enter the sim.

What I would like to know is if there is a way using the VKB Device Config tool to remap the trigger to appear as Button 1 to the sim? I was able to do that with the joystick axes to remap my T-Rudder Pedals to Zrotation from Y Rotation but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to remap the buttons to a different logical button? Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Edit:

I can see in VKB Device Config where I should be able to set button 14 to return a logical Button 1 or a Keyboard <SPACE> by chosing either of those options in the Logical Layer config and setting the config to the Glad Pro. However when I do that, the trigger button still returns a 14 in test. It is like I'm missing something to make it use the logical assignment. Is there something that needs to be set on the Physical Layer side? Either I am missing something here or there is a bug in the VKB Config Tool or the Glad Pro Firmware that is causing it to ignore the logical button assignments. I am starting to lean towards the latter. :(
thanks,

Kevin

Victorus

Re: Gladiator Pro Button Re-Mapping

Postby Victorus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 18:40

You think right. Please show screenshots of logical and physical buttons tabs.
Global-Common too.
Update your firmware to latest version http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/Gladiator/Gl_v1_80_8.zip
Also use latest exe http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKBDevCfg-C_0_77_5_5.zip.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

kverdon

Postby kverdon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 19:03

Thanks Victorus,

I was on the right track, just on the wrong siding, so to speak :-). I just needed to do some more detective work to figure out what buttons where what. For example, the trigger is joystick button 46. Once I set Button 46 to a Logical button of 1, all was well. I was able to figure out the other buttons from there. Got it working now with WOFF.

thanks for the updated files. I'll get them downloaded.

Kevin

CyStryker

Postby CyStryker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 14:47

Gents:

What procedure do I follow to flash the firmware into the Gladiator Pro and what drivers or what else in what order do I install or run?

I tried to use Wizzo and was informed Wizo does not work with Gladiator Pro...

Roland

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Sep 12, 2016 17:49

Try to use VKBDevCfg.exe http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKBDevCfg-C_0_77_5_5.zip. More powerful tool.

CyStryker

Postby CyStryker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 20:22

Victorius and tech staff:

I tried vkbDevCfg........... and it will not install correctly ,,,,
GL_
Please provide step by step procedure......... I have C_0_77_5.5 Zip with GL_v1.80_8 as well as ZBootloader-C.exe in Gladiator Pro Firmware file .........

tried several times to cfg and then to flash firmware................ not working,

I would like to be able to try this stick:<)

Roland

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:07

Just a quick question regarding Gladiator Pro button mapping, and didn't want to start another thread on it.

Is there a way to be able to configure a joystick button to emulate just the "Shift" keyboard key?

I've nutted out both Wizzo (very limited, by design) and the VKB Config program, however it looks as though whenever you press "Shift", it assumes you want to use it as a modifier to another key, and toggles the radio for Shift. I'd really like to be able to use the pinky button on the Gladiator handle to replicate the Shift button on the keyboard. This will allow me to continue using the button in it's intended mode for shifting the other stick buttons, but I can then also use it as a shift mode button for my Thrustmaster T16k which I'm using in my left hand, effectively doubling the buttons available for my left hand.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15

Check required Shift modifier, left, right or both)), select KEY_******* from combo box. I think you enabled mapping and selected Classik keyboard. Set.
Use!!!
shift.png
event_tester.png

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:44

Thank you for the reply Victorus. I'm not sure I fully understand what your saying.

My VKBConfig looks slightly different, but I configured it as close to what you show as possible, however when I apply the config and then test, the pinky button continues to work the same as the factory default, and doesn't press the SHIFT key when pressed like yours is showing in the keyboard log.

Here is what mine looks like:
Attachments
VKB Config1.png

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54

Actually, I just realised that you were in the physical layer, and not the logical layer. I found the config that you showed in the Physical section, and configured in the same way you did, however it's showing the pinky as registering as "Button 2" instead of the shift key.

VKB Config1.png

VKB Config2Log.png

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:33

I think you've allowed keyboard mapping and set virtual keyboard mode. If not, make settings as you can see in a picture.
After you press Set button you will see additional devise in the list - HID keyboard device.
Attachments
_keyb_map.png

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:00

Definitely only showing "Keyboard" in the list of options, so I went to the Global area and configured Keyboard as per your picture. My "Map" radio button was already ticked. My Keyboard was set to "off". I changed it to "Classic" as per your picture.
I then set the config to the joystick. Going back into the physical layer button mapping, I still see the same list, and there is no "HID Keyboard" device listed.

VKB Config3SetHIDKeyboard1.png

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:35

Try up-to-date firmware 1.80a from here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25

Ok, loaded 1.80a (I thought I had the latest based off the FTP site, didn't realise there was a newer file in that thread).

Unfortunately, still have the same problem. I changed the Keyboard to classic like before. Set on the joystick. Then configured physical layer for button 47 as per your picture, but still don't have "HID Keyboard" in devices, and if I use key_**********, and then shift, it does the same as before. Joystick log shows button 2 presses instead of shift.

Edit: Should I try Beta v. 0.77.6.6 of the VKB Device Config?

VKB Config3SetHIDKeyboard2.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 14:20

Change #But 128 and will succeed.

Return to “Technical Support”