Help to Understand the Different Buttons Available in Device Config Software??

Moderator: AdminGroup

Weegie

Help to Understand the Different Buttons Available in Device Config Software??

Postby Weegie » Sun Aug 14, 2016 20:34

I'm generally getting on Ok with the VKB Device Config Software, but I am really surprised that nobody in VKB has made it a priority to get the manual translated into English (& other languages but as the majority of customers are probably US & a lot of countries have English as a second language, its a good place to start)

I try to gather bits and pieces from threads and download and pdf them into one FAQ document from here

I am still a bit confused by the various Button modes available, Button, Button Alt, Button S, Button X & some of the other various choices available

It would be great if one of the experts (Victorus YES I am thinking about you sir) would take some time when they get the chance occasionally to write a concise thread about various aspects of the software

While we await a manual, some threads on various aspect of what this very powerful piece of software is capable of and how to use it would be a great starter

I can only say good things about the experts on here, I would have no clue without the likes of Bourrinopathe, Victorus, Sokol etc: I really appreciate your input and concise explanations, I've learned loads......................but I cannot help asking for more as I am sure there is a lot of stuff I could be doing but cannot as I just have no clue what is and what is not possible

Victorus

Re: Help to Understand the Different Buttons Available in Device Config Software??

Postby Victorus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:18

I apologize for missing complete English manual yet(((. I've tried to gather my answers and put to single topic. I think you know about it http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2112.
As I can analyze questions on this forum or official BoS/BoM one not so many pilots want to study VKB controller functions so deep. But even if it is needed for 1%, we'll make complete set of documents))). For the present we try to explain "how to" in Q/A form)), on demand.
About button types
Button push - On
release - Off
Button A 1st push - On
release -On
2nd push - Off
release -Off
ButtonS has alternative with SubShifts 1-6 only, independently of global shifts 1 or 2.
Set Subshift # that is controlling this button (SubSHIFT # counter).
Set line number (subShift Button counter) that is On if SS1...6 pressed.

More complex is ButtonX
ButtonX has alternative with SubShift 7 combining with global shifts Shift1/2.
It works as ButtonS i.e. you can set line number (subShift Button counter) that is On if SS7 pressed.
For example for physical button with line number 5 I set 10 (with subShift7).
If Use SHIFT1 (VirtualButton 3/4) is checked than line number will depend of SubShift7 and Shift1 combination from #10.
Shift1 Off On
SubShift7 Off 5 11
SubShift7 On 10 12
So you set the 1st line that works with SS7 (#10), than if S1 is used lines after it will work. You can use S2 too. Next lines in the same sequence will work i.e 13, 14.
Here https://yadi.sk/i/E68eWOCkuDYTX you can see screenhots (4.3.3 and 4.3.4 sections)
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Weegie

Re: Help to Understand the Different Buttons Available in Device Config Software??

Postby Weegie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:33

Victorus

Many thanks, I'm not being critical I realize VKB is a small manufacturer producing quality products & that must bring a lot of pressure on your time.

Its great to get some more explanations and get further insight to what the software can do

I am indebted to you for taking the time..............................for me now its time to look at the diagrams and do some experimenting

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:41

I am critical to myself)))
Ready to help))
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Technical Support”