[SOLVED] T-Rudder Mk.IV - Software

Moderator: AdminGroup

Nexus

[SOLVED] T-Rudder Mk.IV - Software

Postby Nexus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 20:29

Hello everyone ! :)

i juste received my T-Rudder Mk.IV pedals, i used THIS TOPIC to find out what i had to download because the configuration tool i downloaded from the Mk.IV page wasn't working with it.

The problem is, the "device config software 0.77.26" is showing me that i use a Njoy32 instead of a pedals setup. I pluged the T-rudder pedals in the little orange box where it's written "pedals" but the software keep showing me that i use a joystick. In fact, when i go to the device itself with Windows (using W7x64) it shows me multiple axes and buttons that the rudder doesn't have :?
Windows sees all that hardware as "simple HID" and the "device config software" just shows me "black box" with a joystick icon... :(

Am i doing something wrong? i followed the little guide in the box, the hardware part is pefect, i mean the T-rudder pedals MK.IV are pefect but the software part is kind of blurried to me.

I apologies for my bad english. Thanks you for your help,

Nexus

Edit - added a screenshot
Last edited by Nexus on Fri Aug 12, 2016 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

Bourrinopathe

Re: [HELP] T-Rudder Mk.IV - Software

Postby Bourrinopathe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:53

Salut Nexus !

I don't own a Black Box but it might be normal it's pre-configured to use different axes as it's used as a single controller for the different devices.
The "VKB NJoy32 PRO" visible in the action bar is normal (it's the same for any VKB device I own) (some older devices use the non-PRO version).

At least, you have the latest software and firmware versions so there's no reason the pedals won't work (afaik).

Did you check the "test" tab in the VKB Device Config software to see if your pedals axis is responding? (it should)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:28

The BlackBox is a modern controller. It is based on NJoy32 platform. BlackBox can combine several VKB devices. So VKBDevCfg-C.exe considers it as BB. T-Rudder itself has sensor only and if it is connected to PC via TinyBox, you will have TinyBox. If you connect pedals to Pedals port on Gladiator, your pedals will work as an axis of this joystick.
So everything is allright.
T-Rudder Mk.IV is a simple device (in comparison with joysticks, that have a lot of axes and buttons). VKBDevCfg-C.exe is a tool for programming all VKB devices. Here https://yadi.sk/i/ujKw65CNuA4ir you can find brief user manual. It has enough information to set up your pedals.
Remember The Main Rule - if it works - do not disturb)))
In case of any troubles with your pedals ask questions here. We'll try tohelp.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Nexus

Postby Nexus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 16:33

Hello Bourrinopathe and Victorus ! or... Salut ! if you prefer in french hahaha :D

Thanks you for you replies, ok so at least i'm doing messing something up with all that stuff :roll:

Indeed the X Axis is responding well when i move the pedals the only strange thing is that the other axis and buttons don't.

I was thinking "well ok i have one physical axis on this thing ok? so what the hell am i doing wrong to get all this buttons and axis diplayed? hidden joystick? i should call Mulder and Scully i got an UFO in my sim!"

Should i disable them in the advanced tab or something? i'm afraid to click on "send data to the device" because it wasn't recognized like a Mk.IV pedal set.. i thought i will be corrupt the eprom in it or something.

In fact i prefered to ask the community before clicking on anything in case i would brake it and make it unusable :|

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 18:42

“La faiblesse humaine est d'avoir Des curiosités d'apprendre Ce qu'on ne voudrait pas savoir.” ;)

Everything is fine then. You just have to enjoy using your pedals!

You don't have to remove the other axes. They're just there so when you connect another device to the Black Box, you just have to enjoy your flight.
That's where VKB's modular design is going. Connect everything and it will be seen as a single device.
My Gladiator also came with additional axes only visible in the VKB Device Config, and if I connect my T-Rudder pedals to the Gladiator, a new (pre-configured) axis becomes available (and shown as part of the Gladiator).

Just so you know: you can also edit the Black Box profile to remove the unused axes but there's no reason to do that in normal use.

In the simulators configuration menus (e.g. DCS World) you will see "VKBsim Black Box" and not "VKBsim T-Rudder MkIV". That's perfectly normal.
(also, it's easy to restore the default profile and settings (for example: by reinstalling the firmware))
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Nexus

Postby Nexus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 19:49

Sweet :mrgreen: Merci beaucoup

Thanks for your help !

Next step is the Trackir 5 then i'll be on my A-10C with these awesome pedals and my Warthog HOTAS :shock:

Great community here, good people helping each other about good products ! Have a nice flight :wink: Bon vol !

Return to “Technical Support”