Vintage mamba 'ping' sound on roll axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

Harrius

Vintage mamba 'ping' sound on roll axis

Postby Harrius » Mon Jun 06, 2016 18:23

Hi,
I received my vintage mamba on Saturday, and all in all I couldn't be happier with the stick. However, just today I've started to get a ping sound when I move it to the edge of the throw on the x axis. It sounds like the spring, as it's that kind of metallic sound. It hasn't had any impact on functionality, but it's a bit annoying. Is it to be expected of the stick, or should I change the spring?

Bourrinopathe

Re: Vintage mamba 'ping' sound on roll axis

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:43

Hi,
I have the same gimbal (MkIII with cams) on my Black Mamba (classic) and there should not be any noticeable sound.
I'd suggest you remove the base plate (very easy) and inspect the x axis movement and the spring's behavior to identify the origin of the sound.
The only think I could think of, is that the spring slightly moves/rotates when it reaches its maximum tension but I doubt it's normal (probably nothing alarming though).
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Harrius

Re: Vintage mamba 'ping' sound on roll axis

Postby Harrius » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09

The spring was seated too close to the base of the screw, and the contact was causing the sound. Resolved now, thanks for your help :)

Return to “Technical Support”