t-rudder mk III, can't get them to work in dcs world

Moderator: AdminGroup

austrian_rookie

t-rudder mk III, can't get them to work in dcs world

Postby austrian_rookie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 21:40

hey guys,

maybe a stupid question but you may see such on a regular basis in the near future from me :-P all a bit confusing for a newby... njoy32/tiny box/bootloader/vkbdevconfig/and what ever else can be found on your ftp

so, I've received my warthog hotas and wanted to fly around in dcs world a bit... downloaded polaris & schnix warthog profiles, loaded, done

but I just can't get those pedals working... when I start up vkb device config it's looking good (would be bit less confusing if the pedals themselves would show up but ok), pedals work on x-axis test and the joytester as well

vkb_device_config.PNG

at dcs world config the tiny box column is there (at first start up there where some auto-assigned "buttons" in that column although the peddals don't even have any :-P not sure why but well, not too hard to remove those assignments)

but here I'm just stuck... when I click into the column and hit axis assign after that ---> nothing
a double click brings up another menue but that doesn't seem to help either
stepping on the pedals (at any point) doesn't change anything

axiscontrol.png

so, what am I doing wrong? other games (war thunder, rise of flight, arma 3) do react on inputs by the pedals but none of those I want to play :-P

thanks for the help, appreciated!
regards,
AR

rrohde

Re: t-rudder mk III, can't get them to work in dcs world

Postby rrohde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 23:30

The only time I saw only the NJOY device in the Config was after I ran the Bootloader. Did you do that by chance? If so, after you're done using the bootloader (for, e.g., flashing your device), you need to unplug the pedals from the NJOY device, and plug them back in... maybe that helps?
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:54

Sometimes, I also have difficulties assigning other axes in DCS. When I use the axis (e.g. moving the stick or turning a rotary) nothing appears in the axis assignment window. I would assume you have the same issue? (and it's not related to a specific device)
In that case I usually move the axis back and forth repeatedly and it eventually shows up in the window. So maybe you could try pushing the pedals several times with that "add assignment panel" window opened?

Otherwise you should be able to manually assign the desired axis with the drop-down list.
Can you confirm you tried that and the T-Rudder axis (JOY_X) didn't show up?

If it's working in the JoyTester (and the configuration tool), it will work in DCS. :wink:
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:50

There is known issue in Batle of Stalingrad. To assign an axis user must move control (pedals for example) for whole range of rotation. But if an axis is not calibrated properly, i.e. extreme position does not correspond to extreme responce value, the game does not recognize this axis! May be you have similar situation?
Try to temporary assign another axis that knowingly works in DCS.
Try to calibrate pedals axis. Here https://yadi.sk/d/vJhGT6-Mqn2Z6 you can find brief VKB Mamba user manual (Brief_controller_En.pdf), up to date configuration utility, firmware loader, zconfig.ini file (enables features of configuration utility for experienced users). Must be saved in the same folder with VKBDevCfg.exe.
Calibration of pedals is similar to described calibration of Mamba axes.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

austrian_rookie

Postby austrian_rookie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:57

The only time I saw only the NJOY device in the Config was after I ran the Bootloader

unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I've done but I've played around with the bootloader (btw, what's the difference between zbootloader-c and firmwareloader?)... at one point device config has shown pedals very similiar to mfg crosswinds but device config complained about old firmware version, guess I've flashed tiny box after that... however, disconnecting tiny box from device and usb doesn't help

Otherwise you should be able to manually assign the desired axis with the drop-down list.
Can you confirm you tried that and the T-Rudder axis (JOY_X) didn't show up?

tried that right now, works! had to invert the axis setting but well, manual assignment works
and before I've asked another n00b question _here_ I've just confirmed there http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3177415/1 that the a10 rolls while rudder is applied (felt bit weird the first 2 minutes) ^^

so, problem solved for now regarding dcs world but am I good when it comes to the firmware topic? still bit strange to me to see the tiny box/njoy32 @ device_konfig but not the peddals and that dcs world doesn't recognize the axis automatically...
There is known issue in Batle of Stalingrad

don't have that, but as said above manual assignment in dcs works
is there anything else left to make sure it's all good now?

thanks for the help so far, have a nice sunday eveining!
Attachments
axis_man.png

Return to “Technical Support”