Fat Black Mamba Mk.III - Mode switch not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

MGH

Re: Fat Black Mamba Mk.III - Mode switch not working

Postby MGH » Fri May 06, 2016 16:19

doesnt seem to work, but not a problem ( i can see all the buttons in button mapper, just not in game )

another question.. im using shift 1 and shift 2 on the slider on the stick.

i would love to be able to use the pinky trigger as a hold shift. But i cant seem to find a 3rd shift option. Is it possible , or am i wishing for too much ?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri May 06, 2016 22:24

There are 2 global shifts. You can find third - Shift0. You can assign this function to any button. For example #64. This number will act when no other shifts are activated. You move slider up, Shift1 is activated. When you move slider to the middle Shift 1 will be deactivated AND button #64 will be "pushed". It will be released when you activate Shift#1 or #2. So you can track the middle position of the slider as button.
But I think you want more shifts)).
Shift 1 and Shift 2 are global. You can assign these shifts to any button.
But you can use subshifts. They are not global.
I use self made "buttonbox" so my line numbers are for example only, You can assign exact yours (Shift1 with line number of slider up (or down)) and Subshift 7 for pinky button).
So. Open Profile - Buttons-Physical layer. Check Poll. Push Pinky button. You will see red dot. Click this cell. For my example I have selected #55. Button mappin wizard appears. Select SubShift, Number =7 (7 exactly))) Other subshift numbers 1-6 work in a different way. Select SubShift in comboboxes Shift0...2. This means pinky will work as subshift with all global shifts (you can test other variants). If your choose As button, your pinky will work as button only if this shift activated.
sShift7.jpg

Click cell of button that will work with shift and subshift together. As for my example this is #62. I want to use this button with Shift 1 and subshift. So check Use Shift1 (Virtual button 3/4). If no shift activated my button works as #62. Select any free 3 buttons. Enter number of the first of them in subShift Button field. 57 for my example. 57, 58 and 59 numbers will be assigned automatically.
Bx62.jpg

Bx62_1.jpg

Push Set button.
Push button 62. No shifts - #62 in button tester. Push pinky button (subshift 7) and 62. See #57. Release pinky. move slider to shift 1 position and push 62. See #58. Push pinky. Push 62 and see #59!!
Bx_test.jpg
Bx_test.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 8878 times

You can indicate shift status by LEDs. Open Global-External-LEDs. Led #1 lights constantly if Shift 1 is activated. When you push subshift this LED will blink fast. Yo can assign other leds. For mamba from 0 to 4.
Shift_leds.jpg

Try!
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

MGH

Postby MGH » Sat May 07, 2016 5:16

that didnt seem to work for me .. when i set my trigger to buttonx to enable subshift it no longer registers in vkb button tester.. have to change it back to a normal button ..

(LEDs mode switching is cool .. but i dont have :( .. i own a king cobra not a mamba )

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sat May 07, 2016 11:41

Please show screenshots of your configuration utility - physical and logical buttons and global.
You can connect LED to King Kobra. Look here http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/CobraZ.pdf

PS
If you have NJoy32 v. 1.2 you will see 2-pin connector LED.

MGH

Postby MGH » Sun May 08, 2016 13:09

firstly thanks for all your help so far .. screenshots as requested .

with the screens below, i tried to use my pinky as ss7 and my trigger with as a buttonx that uses the sub shift .. but the trigger is just not recognised once i do this.

im also finding its really hard to be "neat" with the logical button assignments.. even without the automap box checked - numbers seem to change autmotically no matter how i assign them.. (so i may have some logical buttons assigned twice... not sure, everything seemed to jump around when i tried the subshift )

edit: as a note im trying to keep my button assignments under 50 as the game im playing doesnt recognise anything higher ( i may map anything higher to keyboard keys )

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun May 08, 2016 23:10

Earlier directInput had a restriction. 32 buttons only. This is why I always use keyboard mapping)) May be "modern" does not want to recognise over50(

Trigger is not recognised with SS7? As I saw your config, trigger is mapped to logical button #1. With shift1 and ss7 48, 49 and 50 logical buttons must work. Do you see this numbers in VKB joytester? Try to map these buttons to keys and check in word. Or in eventtester from Thrustmaster https://yadi.sk/d/-_rWkfmerZurb.
VcbDevConfig is still beta((( sometimes I have troubles with it too(( Patience, meditation and my cat help me to set up controllers)))

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 22:02

Long long time ago)))
Prequel
Victorus wrote:How to use encoders.
By default encoder is configured as 3 buttons. First is pressed when you rotate encoder "forward", second - "backward" and the last - when you press encoder axis.
However there much more interesting way of use! It can be axis.
Our goal is to use encoder "elevator trim" to trim Y (pitch) axis.
Run VKBDevconfig and open Profile - Buttons - Physical layer tab. Check Poll as usual)).
Rotate encoder and see flashing lines 17 and 18. Click line 17
Click line 17. By default encoder is set as Discrete ()Type field). Choose Trimmer - to set as virtual axis! Choose Axis = 4. This is free axis number. ## 3 and 5 occupied by analog axes. Choose 64x (this parameter specifies axis sensivity). Leave Adv value.
Axes_combi.jpg

You've created virtual axis. But you must enable it.
Open Common -n-Axes. On Physical axis tab:
Set axis #4 as Virtual, set Trim+ for it (sign will set rotation direction)
On Logical axis check En and Vs - to enable axis and make it visible.
Axes_combi.jpg

Press Set - you've made too much settings, it will be pity to lose))).
We've enabled new axis. Rotate encoder and you will see axis #4 response in VKBJoytester or in Windows applet.
Our goal is (this time) to trim Y axis. It will be in the next time (c) Scheherazade)))
PS
You can find User manual (still in Russian only) at https://yadi.sk/i/rBLRuR2ejTxwn

Promised Sequel
How to trim physical axis using virtual one.
We've configured Elev Trim knob (FatMamba) as virtual axis #4. Pitch axis (Y) is #2. Run VKBDevConfig, open Profile - Common-n Axes, Logical axes. Choose Combi1 in Combine combobox. - for Sign. We've enabled axes combining. Choose 4 in #Axis. Virtual axis #4 will trim Axis#2. Enter 45 (for example) in % field with counter. This is maximal value of combine effect.

Axes_combi.jpg

Press Set button. Volia!
If you rotate Elev Trim knob response of Y axis will follow Rx(#4).

combi_pict.jpg
combi_dig.jpg
combi_dig.jpg (11.81 KiB) Viewed 5539 times

Another way to trim.
We can trim axis by knob directly, without making additional axis #4.
Set Axis #2 (Y) in Button mapping wizard.

enc_trim_2.jpg

No axes combining needed in this case. Do not forget to set Trimmer Reset (Encoder push button, line #19) to axis#2. Set.
Run JoyTester. Rotate knob. Response of Y axis will change. It will be zero (center) value for this axis.

trim_direct.jpg

Warning! Set Trimmer mode to Modified. In this case center of trimmed axis will be moved, but extreme response values will be equal to 0 and 65535, i.e whole range. In case of Standard mode center will be moved together with extreme values.

trim_standard.jpg

Why more complex 1st way? If you configure LEDs, you can assign one of them to indicate that your trimmer axis is not in the center. Trimmed pitch axis is not in center too often so it is not so interesting info))).
Look here about LEDs.http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2076&p=19915&hilit=trimmer#p19915
So far that is all)))

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 22:05

Again about virtual axes.
If you've configured encoder as virtual axis, you may use it to control not only trimmer but, for example, throttle. In this case you need to limit axis response. you do not want to decrease throttle to zero but to 20% for example. To do so do the following settings.
In my example virtual axis is #7.
Open Physical axes tab and set Bias value to -200. Axis response will be limited to 20%. -500 corresponds to 50%
Throttle axis has not center. Open Logical axes tab and uncheck Cn checkbox.
Volia! Do not forget to push Set button.

20%.jpg

20%_.jpg

20%-.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”