MkIII T-Rudder Pedal component issue

Moderator: AdminGroup

rrohde

Re: MkIII T-Rudder Pedal component issue

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08

Thank you very much for the detailed answer, UIV! I can see that you are very passionate about your VKB products. :)

UIV wrote:
1) About gap.
But sensor measure angle from CAM, not from arm, so that angle from arm have no influence in function and precision. And you can press pedals after calibration, you control full range of pedals, which will not break any good control of pedal. You can test its precision from vkbjoytester software and check how it works.

Thank you! This explains in more detail what Bourrinopathe already eluded to - calibrate, and then try again! I did that, and it worked. So, THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED OFFICIALLY FOR ME.

UIV wrote:2) About sound.
We are grateful for this information, we will pay more attention to this unit and make changes in our next model. Thanks

Thank you for acknowledging the issue. I've been flying a lot yesterday, and there was no more cracking noise after tightening these screws! THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED OFFICIALLY FOR ME.

UIV wrote:3) About CAM
The screw with metal parts is used for adjusting force when clients want to change position CAM. Since CAM gets big force from spring. With this construction, it can reduce force from spring.
The destroy part which you show on CAM, it's not destroy from CAM, but destroy of chrome coating on CAM. Ball bearing moves on the CAM with so big force that can destroy any covering on metal. But CAM is made from strong steel ( carbon steel grade 45l), which can't be destroyed.

Thank you for the detailed information. This is in line with what DHRF has been telling me as well. I might just have to file off the rough chrome coating that's left at the corner of my cam, because it's not smooth anymore after the coating has worn off. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED OFFICIALLY FOR ME.

UIV wrote:4) Do not worry about quality of VKB products. We born and live with high quality. I'd like to show you our first pedals which was 10 years ago.
DSC_0227s.jpg

One of our clients bought it 10 years ago and recently he bought our T-Rudder pedal again. This pedals is still working perfectly. Yes, after 10 years, surface of some metal parts cause damage, but contactless solution and construction from metal can work many many years. Ten years later, pedals look like old pedals, but continue to work as new ones.

Again, thank you for the reassurance in your VKB design and your products, UIV. I first heard about VKB when I was reading about the Mamba stick, which has a Russian-style grip which I would love to have for DCS, and I love to fly the Su-27, Su-25 and Ka-50. That was about 2 years ago. Now I finally ordered the MkIII Fat Black Mamba Special Edition, and I cannot wait to use it with DCS. :)

So, I am very interested in more future products from you, and I especially hope for a good VKB modern split throttle for DCS - maybe Russian-style, too? :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my concerns!
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “Technical Support”