Bootloader - Device not Ready & can't fix

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: Bootloader - Device not Ready & can't fix

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 23:00

hlfritz wrote: could be a lot of things.

thx.

Have you flashed the new firmware, reset to default and calibrated?

hlfritz

Postby hlfritz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 23:31

fallout, thx. looks like my edit and your post crossed in the ethers. :)

i am good now.

still want to know what stuck pin meant. might help others.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:36

MK1 devices have 3 pins on the base and 3 plates on the grips. MK2 devices have 3 pins on the grips and 3 plates on the bases. When you install a grip on the base the pins are making contact with the plates. To assure a good connection and to avoid damaging the plates the pins are spring operated. Sometimes a spring gets stuck inside the pin and doesn't push the pin all the way down to make contact with the base.
Now you know :)

hlfritz

Postby hlfritz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:27

Got it. Yes I saw those while working on mine. Thx!

rew001

Postby rew001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 17:57

Roma wrote:Ok try this:

On the left corner in windows type "run" and open the Run App

Then type "msconfig" and click Ok

Click services tab and click "Disable All"

Click Apply then OK.

It should ask you to restart, say yes.

When the computer comes on Try to flash your stick. Hopefully this works.

When all done go back to msconfig and Enable All the services you turned off.

Just an FYI, had the same issue with my Kosmosimas. Disabled services, and was able to flash both sticks. So my situation was definitely caused by some software conflict. Anyway, thank you all.

e32lover

Postby e32lover » Sun Feb 20, 2022 14:53

I just reigstered to say I was having the same problem and it turned out once I disabled all the anti virus features on Sophos it all worked properly so maybe if you're not having any luck try disabling your antivirus.

XIMX

Postby XIMX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 16:46

Same problem here.
I added the OTA. Thus, I had to swap my SEM from "left of left stick" to "left of right stick". That's the only reason why I had to change any settings. In the process I wanted to update and now I'm stuck with "Device not ready".

There was no problem like this when I first set-up the devices. And all I added since then is the tobii eye tracker. I deactivated it and everything else which seems to be close to have some kind of effect. But the device still seems to be not ready. 8(
Last edited by XIMX on Tue Mar 08, 2022 19:55, edited 2 times in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 19:36

Disconnect the SEM, turn off background running software like Aorus, Razer, Logitec, Corsair, any LED management and antivirus, plug the joystick and try again. If still doesn't work remove the bottom cover, disconnect from USB, short the 2 pins marked 'boot' on the main board with a small screwdriver, plug to USB, remove the screwdriver, flash the joystick with the latest firmware.
Attachments
IMG_3659.jpg

XIMX

Postby XIMX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 19:56

Well, it's not even working with the left stick, which has no more SEM.

I just put my previous post's edit in here:
It's also strange that the right stick's name (the one which now has the SEM attached) changed to "VKB Boot NJoy32 platform v00.56 Lite" after I connected it to the latest software version (v0.92.17). Whereas prior to the update it noticed that the SEM was swapped to the right one.
When I now choose it in the Device Config, I get an "Error read CPUID" error message after a notification that I'm running outdated firmware.
And if I click it again (just in the list where you choose which device you want to access) I get another error message (this time whith the "white X in a red circle" icon): "Access violation at address 00493AY8F in module 'VKBDevCfg-C.exe'. Read of address 00000280."

When I tried to flash the left stick via Bootloader, it also changed it's name as mentioned above, but the device was ready. Here without notivication about the "very old verion" I'm using. It updated, asked me to reboot, the bootloader closed and the "Access violation [...]" error message showed up. At least here the device's name was changed to "VKBsim Gladiator NXT L XT v2.090". But the reboot button is not available.

Also, when I select the right stick, in the (pretty empty) tool bar it's calles "VKB NJoy32". When I select the left one it says "VKB NJoy32 XT PRO".
Actually both sticks are the Gladiator NXT Premium model.

And everything else is turned of. But the only thing from your list was the Logitech stuff.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 20:24

Please post screenshots with VKBDevCfg running and both joysticks plugged.

XIMX

Postby XIMX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 21:30

It seems to fianally work now! =)
Unfortunately I don't really know why or how, as there's so straight course of action. Things changed back and forth and a lot of re-starting the Device Config and reseting the sticks was involved.

Only the analog mini-stick on the right stick seems to be lost now. Under "test" the red mini-stick circle next to the buttons doesn't respond to it nor does any of the axes.
As far as I remember there used to be a axes cap of six. But according to the descriptions in the shop this should have raised to 20 now. So, this shouldn's be a problem any more, right?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 21:34

Please follow the walkthrough I posted above step by step. After reflashing you have to press the Default, then the Find&AutoConfig buttons, then calibrate. If you're missing steps they joysticks would not work properly.

Return to “Technical Support”