NXT Evo does not connect when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-SEM, but connects when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-THQ

Moderator: AdminGroup

tklw

NXT Evo does not connect when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-SEM, but connects when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-THQ

Postby tklw » Mon May 13, 2024 16:52

Hello,

I have a NXT Evo L + GNX-SEM + GNX-THQ + FSM-GA.
Initially I connected the FSM-GA to the GNX-SEM, and it worked well for ~6 months. Suddenly the NXT does not connect (red led, then nothing) and is not recognized by Windows anymore, nor by VKB software (DevCfg or ZBootloader))

Here are 3 configs I tried that may help to identify the issue:
a. Disconnect the FSM-GA completely => the NXT connects to Windows, and the other modules work
b. Connect the FSM-GA to the GNX-THQ => the NXT connects to Windows, everything works
c. Connect the FSM-GA to the GNX-THQ, then boot the NXT, then connect the FSM-GA to the GNX-SEM => the NXT connects to Windows, everything works OK

Initially I thought that the USB-C connection in the GNX-SE was KO, and was somehow preventing the NXT from booting, but obviously it is not completely dead, as shown in the c. config.

For the moment I use config b., but I would rather go back to connect the FSM-GA to the GNX-SEM as the cable is more protected.

Thanks

fallout9

Re: NXT Evo does not connect when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-SEM, but connects when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-THQ

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:32

Can you post a pic with your setup please?

tklw

Re: NXT Evo does not connect when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-SEM, but connects when FSM-GA is connected to GNX-THQ

Postby tklw » Tue May 14, 2024 21:39

Here you go:

IMG_20240514_203501 (Grand).jpg

You can see the cable going from the FSM-GA to the GNX-THQ, which is the working configuration I use now.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:02

Please update to the latest software and firmware, then reset to default and click Yes for the config button. If still not working afterwards fill up a service ticket with your local vendor.

tklw

Postby tklw » Fri May 17, 2024 20:50

Sadly I already tried updating software and firmware, and resetting to default, so I'll have to take the support ticket route... Thanks for you time anyway.

Return to “Technical Support”