STECS Max with UCM-S Technical Upgrade Question

Moderator: AdminGroup

RetroOne

STECS Max with UCM-S Technical Upgrade Question

Postby RetroOne » Fri May 03, 2024 19:19

Hi VKB!

I currently own the STECS Standard mounted on the UCM-S mount pictured here:

IMG_9031.jpeg

I would like to upgrade this to the STECS Max using my existing UCM-S mount like this:

IMG_0022.PNG

Can you please confirm that what I have in my cart for checkout would be everything that I need to accomplish this? I am also wondering if the extension cable for the STEM unit is already packaged somewhere in what I already own? Here is my cart so far:

IMG_0021.PNG

Thanks in advance for confirming what I need to accomplish this before I place the order!

Regards

Delta

Re: STECS Max with UCM-S Technical Upgrade Question

Postby Delta » Fri May 03, 2024 19:31

I recommend including a long bus cable - the website does not mention that one is included with either the plate or the back cover, and you will need a cable to connect the two. Other than that, I do not know if you have leftover M3 fasteners in the range of 15-20 mm or so - maybe there are some in your UCM package. If not, I recommend sourcing them from a local hardware store or a domestic online shop.

RetroOne

Re: STECS Max with UCM-S Technical Upgrade Question

Postby RetroOne » Fri May 03, 2024 23:38

Copy Delta and thanks for the info.
I'll take a peak in my hardware as I certainly have a ton of parts leftover from all these orders and thanks for the info on the cable. That's the one thing I could not find any info on anywhere!

Return to “Technical Support”