Gunfighter IV - configuration not 100% complete

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pmak71

Gunfighter IV - configuration not 100% complete

Postby Pmak71 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39

Hi guys,
First post. I tried looking for this elsewhere, but had no joy.
Having issues with two of the buttons not being configured on my Gunfighter IV. Have run the Config tool multiple times in an attempt to resolve.
These buttons are currently not working in DCS;

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mODiCzY" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/mODiCzY"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And I have this light on the Black Box;

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mODiCzY" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/mODiCzY"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any help appreciated!
Cheers,
PMak

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter IV - configuration not 100% complete

Postby fallout9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40

Unfortunately your images won't load. Which buttons are you issues with?

Delta

Postby Delta » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:01

fallout9 wrote:Unfortunately your images won't load. Which buttons are you issues with?

https://imgur.com/a/mODiCzY

Pmak71 wrote:Hi guys,
First post. I tried looking for this elsewhere, but had no joy.
Having issues with two of the buttons not being configured on my Gunfighter IV. Have run the Config tool multiple times in an attempt to resolve.
These buttons are currently not working in DCS;

Do they show up in vkbdevcfg's test tab? Can you please take a screenshot of vkbdevcfg with profile/buttons/physical layer shown?

Pmak71

Postby Pmak71 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:00

Hey Delta,
Thanks for your response. I have included a screen shot below

https://imgur.com/a/b8naLv0

I can see the Rot X and Rot Y axis moving fine while in VKBDevCfg-C, but for some weird reason it won't recognize once I end calibration?
Thanks for your interest in helping me.
PMak

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23

First of all, you'll have to properly initialize the joystick, please follow these steps:
- run VKBDevCfg as Admin;
- select the device at the top, then click the Default button under the Tools tab;
- the joystick will restart, then you'll get a popup asking to configure, click Yes;
- after another restart you'll get another popup, this time about calibration, click No to it, then calibrate the device using this guide: https://youtu.be/c4WREzN19pE.

About the 2 ministicks indicated in your pic: the Master Mode ministick has 2 modes - digital/pov and analog/axes. You can swap through the 2 modes by clicking the center push button of the ministick. By default, it's in pov mode and clicking the center push button once will put it in axes mode. Clicking the center push button again will swap it back to digital mode. If you want to bind it to digital controls in game (buttons) make sure it's in pov mode; if it's in axes mode it won't get recognized. Similarly, if you want to bind it to axes in game, then make sure the ministick is in analog mode.
The other one, the Gate Cont ministick has by default only axes, no buttons, but it could get programmed similarly with the other one, as shown in this guide: https://youtu.be/BBQadRNHeDo

Pmak71

Postby Pmak71 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40

Wow, that is pretty far from easy LOL. But you have me sorted!

Thanks very much for helping resolve the issue.

Cheers,
PMak

Return to “Technical Support”