Specific Question: Ultimate and Software [POV HAT SWITCH FUNCTION]

Moderator: AdminGroup

Cekay

Re: Specific Question: Ultimate and Software [POV HAT SWITCH FUNCTION]

Postby Cekay » Wed Sep 28, 2022 0:07

I need a Button but only in "POV-Mode" the button gets also pressed in "POV-Axis" Mode thats not wanted thats why i need to boolean to press another button only if the POV-Mode event give me information that it is in "POV-Button" Mode
So with this last screenshot it will never raise any button pressed events.
With the one Above it will always raise the assained Button raised event and thus ignore the fact if it is POV-Axis or POV-Button Mode => if you want to reset axis and you have for example FOV in an F16 bind to the button it would switch The FOV when you reset the axis.

Thats why i just said maybe you can talk to your Developer about that that the Tempo B function takes Booleans into account that way you can use the Button directly without it triggering a secound button under the POV-Mode condition.

-Relax-

Re: Specific Question: Ultimate and Software [POV HAT SWITCH FUNCTION]

Postby -Relax- » Fri Dec 09, 2022 16:51

Hello again. its been a while but unfortunatly we still have a minor problem with the POV function.
We have only one last porblem here and it would be awesome if you can help us to find a solution for that!

The last thing we would like to archive.
When press/push in POV "long" (switch axis mode and back), we do not want activate virtual button 41- Virtual Button 41 should only activate when press/push in POV "short" and only if in POV-HAT mode and not in POV_AXIS mode.

To be clear.

So first of all we have the POV-HAT installed the HAT has 2 modes,
1st Mode: "POV-HAT" Mode which acts like a 4-way button
2nd Mode: "POV-AXIS" in this Mode the POV acts like 2 axis like in the Screenshot Rot-X and Rot-Y

The POV-HAT has 2 push functions:
"Short-Push" and "Long-Push"

What already function with firmware v2.11B:
1. We want the "Long-Push" to switch between POV-AXIS mode and POV-HAT mode. This we already achieved.
2. When POV is in "POV-AXIS" mode => "Short-Push" should recenter the axis. This is already happening
3. When POV is in "POV-HAT" mode "Short Press" should press a button. This we could achieve with Victorus post
4. When POV is in "POV-HAT" mode "Short Press" should NOT reset the 2Axis ( ROT-X and ROT-Y).
5. When POV is in "POV-Axis" mode "Short Press" should reset the 2Axis ( ROT-X and ROT-Y).

Problem when switching with POV "Long-Push" from "POV HAT" mode -> "POV-AXIS" mode and vice versa virtual button 41 is activated.
Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Return to “Technical Support”