How do I reset VKB Gladiator NXT EVO?

Moderator: AdminGroup

prometheus

How do I reset VKB Gladiator NXT EVO?

Postby prometheus » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:46

Hi, this is a brand new EVO and it works perfectly. But...

I used the software for button 13 (ministick and POV hat) to try map the ministick and POV hat switch to do something else (a keyboard button on short press).
Now, all the buttons have changed. For example, button 5 became button 11. Many other buttons changed their numbers too.
I read that there is a special procedure for "flashing" and I do not think this is what I need to do. I loaded a previous profile (older), but it did not change anything. The buttons are still changed. The POV hat does not work anymore (button 13), when you click it, it does not change mode to POV. It is always in the ministick mode (analogue with red light on).

When I press "Default", it says "Read Data OK", but I cannot get back into original factory state. I speak perfect Russian, you may respond in Russian (Вы можете ответить по-русски. Я прекрасно говорю по-русски.). I do not have a Russian font or keyboard. Thank you very much.

fallout9

Re: How do I reset VKB Gladiator NXT EVO?

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:27

- click the Default button under Tools tab;
- navigate to Global/Devices/External Devices and press the Find&AutoConfig button;
- go to Test/Axes1 tab and click on the Start Calibr button;
- move your pitch, roll and yaw axes all the way, slowly at the end;
- move the mini-throttle up and down;
- press the A1 ministick center button and when the LED turns red move the ministick all over;
- press the End Calibr button.

If you're trying to program the center button of the ministick as TempoB and get a short and long press on it, you might want to relocate the short press to anything else other than logical 13, as that's already occupied. Maybe go after 30 to be safe.

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:01

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly. My joystick is back to normal. I have one more question please. I set my Track IR 5 default "F12" - recenter to a keyboard button "delete". I want to be able to press a button on a joystick to recenter the Track IR 5. Ideally, I want to map the "delete" button to A2 (button 13) (ministick) short press. I do not want to loose the functionality of switching between ministick and a 8-way hat switch. I want to switch to ministick by a long press of A2 (Button 13) . A short press I want to execute keyboard button "delete". This is for DCS World. In the joystick config program. - On the left. Ministick is button 13. (uSSw Tempo B POV 1) Middle - POV IN 1 .- Switch by "Tempo B". Right below #1 13 --------Key Delete. Also , in the middle - check mark "POV mode on start" On the right "uStick Switch". When I restart the joystick program , it goes back to default , which is for button 13 (ministick) POV IN 1, Switch by Button Alt and on the right is uStick Switch. It is hard to explain without the pictures.
If you can give me step by step instructions , I would greatly appreciate it. It sucks to press "delete" on the keyboard every time i want to recenter TRACK IR 5 in DCS World. Thank you very much. If it is not possible to do what I want with A2 ministick, how do I map "delete" keyboard button to joystick button 5 (pinkie bottom button).

I forgot to add. I just got my Track IR 5 2 days ago. I am new to all this. I also use Thrustmaster TWCS throttle. My rudder paddles on my throttle is zoom in/out axis in DCS World. When I use this rudder paddles on the throttle, even if i press "zoom normal", the TRACK IR 5 does not track as well and this is why I have this need to press "F12" that i mapped to "delete" key on keyboard every time I use the rudder paddles on the throttle to zoom in/out quickly. Mapping this "delete" button on the EVO's button 13 (A2) will make my life much easier. I do not want to loose functionality of the 8-way hat on the EVO since when I do not use TRACK IR, I want it to work as POV to look around.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 22:30

First activate the keyboard:
1.png

Then, click the ministick center button (1) and in the new window set it up as TempoB (2); click on the logical representation (3), set it to Keyboard (4) and direct it to Delete key (5). Close the window (6), then press the Set button (7).
2.png

prometheus

Postby prometheus » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:10

Works perfectly, thank you! After selecting "keyboard" in Global, when i pressed the ministick button, it did not do anything. I did not know how to get to that screen where you see "line 4, line 5 , with white cells. So, after selecting the "keyboard", I pressed "Button Wizard" and I mapped it as you said. Pretty much, I don't know if this makes any difference, but it works. Short press is for my "delete" command and long press on the ministick switches analogue and HAT POV. Red light goes on and off. Works perfectly well. Awesome company and tech support.

Return to “Technical Support”