Utility of leds on MCG Pro Ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

rtrski

Re: Utility of leds on MCG Pro Ultimate

Postby rtrski » Sat Jan 23, 2021 17:05

Not sure what's going on with line 1 - maybe you need the "OP1" number set to go with your shift, or maybe there's another line (there are 12 settings overall, scroll down) superceding it. In my Ultimate default screen there was a Zero State event for LED#10 set to color green, constant, so if nothing else is being recognized as an action that requires response, that's what the dot does. Did you perhaps push that one down the list? You might want to save any other changes you've made, re-set to Default, then take a screenshot of the LED page, then re-load any other assignment changes if you need to and then try and restore the LED settings and start over.

For your line 7 you have the "Invert" column checked - that's a logical "NOT", i.e. you are saying "If POV is [NOT!] Active, set LED #0 to fast blink of color 1. LED#0 is on the BB.

From the lines I can see, LED#2 on the blackbox should be on all the time. (Line 5, BUS Error, but inverted.)

Here was my default LED first 8 lines (the last 4 were set as 'External' events and off):
With these settings, the blackbox has 2 LEDs on, one green (in the group of 3), one blue (the lone one). I think those are from instructions on line 1 (Zero state of LED 0) and line 6 (NOT Bus Error Led2). The dot on the grip itself is green, which is from Zero State line 2 for LED 10.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Jan 23, 2021 17:13

KPX wrote:Thanks again. Just have to find how to progam the leds.

Happy 2021

Step 1: Need the last line in your zconfig file, that should be in the same folder as your VKBDevCfg executable.

Step 2: LED controls are on the page indicated. Take a little time to understand the 'rules' the existing lines are setting up, before you start mucking around with them! These are all logical states so it's not like one line tells one LED what to do all the time...multiple lines can give different conditional instructions to the same LED location, and may supercede one another entirely!
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Sat Jan 23, 2021 18:52

It seems, my current profile is the problem. I reset the profile to the defaults and than, all works fine. I took a screenshot of LED settings, load my current profile again, reset all lines to there defaults and make the settings from the default profile. But the behaviour is not the same, very strange. At the moment, I can not say, what's the matter :?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 23:05

Show the settings from your Profile Leds tab and Profile-Buttons to understand the problem.

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:20

Here my settings of the LED and button tabs.
vkb_buttons.jpg

vkb_leds.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:38

First, you need to be clear about where, under what numbers and with what possible colors the Leds are.
To do this, add the line Test Misc Enabled =1 to the [Common] section of the zconfig.ini file.
Going to the Test-Misc tab, in the lower right corner in the Led N window, enter the numbers in sequence 0,1,2,3,10,11 while pressing the Fast Test button - you will be shown the location and possible colors of Leds. After this test, you need to restart the controller with the Restart button.
Secondly, I advise you not to change the lines with the events [Zero event = at power on] and [Calibration = at calibration], which are set to 0 [SYStem] LED.
You can remove this event from the 10 led on the grip and set it to something else.
Now about the mistakes.
I see Shift1 in the buttons, and Shift0 :( is selected in the settings (column OP1) - it should be 1.
You can assign other events to #led 1 by changing the 3rd and 4th lines.
The POV active axis/HAT switch overlaps with #0 - better put #10 on the knob and adjust any color. It is RGB, so you need to adjust 3 colors in the Color1 column.

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:57

Thank you for your reply, I changed some settings in my current DCS profile. But the problem with LED# 0/10 and LED# 1/11 is not solved yet. I add the Test Misc Enabled = 1 line to my config and I play a bit. When I use the default settings, all works as aspected, LED# 10 and 11 is on the stick. When I tried this with my current DCS profile, LED# 0 is mapped with the base and the dot LED of the stick, the same with LED# 1. Nothing happens, when I test LED 10 or 11. Very strange, indeed!

Thank for your apology about some config mistakes.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Jan 24, 2021 16:06

Ron61 wrote:First, you need to be clear about where, under what numbers and with what possible colors the Leds are.
To do this, add the line Test Misc Enabled =1 to the [Common] section of the zconfig.ini file.
Going to the Test-Misc tab, in the lower right corner in the Led N window, enter the numbers in sequence 0,1,2,3,10,11 while pressing the Fast Test button - you will be shown the location and possible colors of Leds. After this test, you need to restart the controller with the Restart button.

I did not know about this test function - thank you for explaining that! I hope to update my LED cheatsheet; apologies if I've contributed to misdirecting anyone here so far!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 21:04

Make these settings for the first 4 lines. On the 7th line, you need to disable the event - set External.
1.jpg

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:07

Thank you Ron for your support. But it doesn't work with my current DCS profile. I do not know, what's wrong there, with the default profile all works fine. When I'm at home, I can add my complete profile, when you want, to investigate it or, when I'm in the mood, I create a new DCS profile.

Kind regards
Last edited by simmeone on Tue Jan 26, 2021 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12

Send your profile in the archive, I will see more details.
You need a profile that you created for DCS. It must be located in the configurator folder, with the extension *.cfg.

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Tue Jan 26, 2021 18:22

Hello Ron,
here is the link, where you can download the profile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o03yuy ... sp=sharing

Kind regards.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 23:33

Usually, in all doubtful situations, it is easier to throw the controller into default and then re-type the profile.
But let's try to figure it out.
The first step is to set the correct Leds configuration - instead of 0, put 10.
Ext.jpg

Then, in the 2nd line of Leds, instead of the duplicate Zero event, we will write Calibration (3rd line, as in the default).
In the vacant space in the third line, write Shift1 from our profile (transfer the settings from the 7th line).
And it remains on the 8th line to register the default POV Active settings (without changing anything). It should look like this.
Leds.jpg

It should also be changed to the correct values ​​35 and 39, respectively. And calibrate the metal trigger - 255, 255 - it won't work correctly.
A2B.jpg

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 23:45

Thank you Ron,
that fixed my problems with LED#!

Kind regards

Return to “Technical Support”