How Can I Use Gunfighter and T-Rudder at the Same Time?

Moderator: AdminGroup

KWard

How Can I Use Gunfighter and T-Rudder at the Same Time?

Postby KWard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:35

I am trying to set up a GF III and the T-Rudder pedals, both plugged into my PC via the same Black Box Mk II. I flashed and calibrated the joystick, no problem, but then I flashed the rudder and the joystick disappeared. I've gone back and forth several times, and only the most recently flashed device shows up in both the VKB Device Config program and Windows' "Devices and Printers" control panel. How can I use both?

Versions (downloaded today):
VKB Device Config version 0.91.54
_BlackBox_MK2_GF_F14_v2_00_7
_BlackBox_MK2_TRudder_v2_00_7
T-Link version 0.72

I'm running Windows 10 Home on a brand new PC I just finished building. The joystick does work in the one game I've tested so far.

fallout9

Re: How Can I Use Gunfighter and T-Rudder at the Same Time?

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:12

If you use pedals though the joystick’s Black Box then you should flash only the joystick firmware, fist option in your list (if you have a F-14 grip). Press Default afterwards and calibrate including the rudders in the process.

KWard

Postby KWard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 21:45

I see, thanks!

Spudwhip

Postby Spudwhip » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:59

I have this same "problem."

I have a GF III + MCG Pro Twist. Have been using it for almost a month now and it's working great! Ordered the T-Rudder (which arrived a few days ago) and tried to connect it to the same Black Box (Mk II), but it's not showing up in VKB Device Config.

If I connect the T-Rudder directly (using its own, separate black box) to my PC via USB, VKB Device Config sees both the Stick and the Rudder. I'd really prefer to use just one black box for cable management reasons and also to free up a USB port. I tried the advice above and already flashed the Stick (only). I have not tried using/installing T-Link (not really looking at enabling toe brakes via rudders, I'm fine using the Brake lever on the Stick).

Versions used:
- VKB Device Config v0.91.54
- NJoy32 firmware v2.00.7 (VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro Twist v2.007 Mk 2 -- file used: "_BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_Twist_v2_00_7.vkb")

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 21:10

The MCG Pro with twist has 8 axes assigned, which is the max for Windows limitations (8 axes per device). If you want to add the rudders to the same device (MCG) you'll have to disable one of the grip's axes so the rudders' axis could get assigned. The easiest way to achieve that is to plug the rudders in the same Black Box with the base and flash the device with the firmware for MCG Pro no twist (_BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_v2_00_7.vkb). This way your rudders axis will replace the twist axis. You'll also have to calibrate at the end.
Hope this helps.

Spudwhip

Postby Spudwhip » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:12

This response is based on fact, is scientific and logical (also something I would not have thought of!). It's also detailed, right down to the exact file name of the firmware to use.

THANK YOU, @fallout9! This community is lucky to have you! #salute!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:54

You're too kind :) Glad I could help!

Spudwhip

Postby Spudwhip » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43

Super happy to report that this fixed it for me!

"Thanks" and "appreciation" well deserved! @fallout9

Nowadays, when people do a good job, nobody notices, but when there are issues, people can be toxic and demanding. Cheers! :)

bayes

Postby bayes » Thu Nov 18, 2021 19:09

fallout9 wrote:The MCG Pro with twist has 8 axes assigned, which is the max for Windows limitations (8 axes per device). If you want to add the rudders to the same device (MCG) you'll have to disable one of the grip's axes so the rudders' axis could get assigned. The easiest way to achieve that is to plug the rudders in the same Black Box with the base and flash the device with the firmware for MCG Pro no twist (_BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_v2_00_7.vkb). This way your rudders axis will replace the twist axis. You'll also have to calibrate at the end.
Hope this helps.

When I try this to flash my MCG Pro Twist as MCG Pro no twist I get the message in Zbootoader "No bootloader found, but some NJoy32 controllers are detected. Select device (BoubleClick): VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro Twist v2.07.1" What can I do in this instance?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 20:25

MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate are similar grips, but they have different firmwares; make sure you're flashing the right firmware. If you get that error it means your files are in different folders, please see this video on how to flash, reset to default and calibrate a MCG grip (the vide has been made for MCG Pro, but the procedure is similar for MCGU, the only exception being the name of the firmware file).

Return to “Technical Support”