Gladiator Mk.II Twist wobble and virtual brake query.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Melonfish

Gladiator Mk.II Twist wobble and virtual brake query.

Postby Melonfish » Tue Oct 27, 2020 14:45

Hi Everyone,
Wondering if I could seek some advice?
I have a Gladiator Mk.II bought a year ago, overall, no issues with the stick with the exception of the twist axis, there's nothing wrong with the sensors etc, in fact I don't use the twist axis on the stick at all, it's just that there's play/slight movement/wobble in that axis and it's kind of annoying when in use.
it should be noted the X and Y axis are utterly spot on for movement/detection and the screws at the base of the stick have been checked and are secure.
short of getting the upgrade kit (When it's finally back in stock HINT HINT) is there anything I can do to remedy this at all or is this expected of the stick and seen by other owners?

secondly, i've just picked up some T-rudder pedals (Love them!) I see they can be connected to the Gladiator directly and it can be re-calibrated to pick up the Axis via the pedals instead of the twist action, in this instance, can the shift button be used to set a secondary action on the pedals like with the KG12 stick itself via the VKBDevCFG program? I've seen this can be achieved for the Gunfighter for virtual differential brakes but wasn't sure whether it was programable in the Gladiator.
Thanks!
Pete

Victorus

Re: Gladiator Mk.II Twist wobble and virtual brake query.

Postby Victorus » Tue Oct 27, 2020 22:47

All you need is to connect pedals via patchcord, straight RJ45 connectors. You will see new axis Ry (#7). You can control this axis similarly to as described for GF.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Escapetaxi

Re: Gladiator Mk.II Twist wobble and virtual brake query.

Postby Escapetaxi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 15:04

Helloh!

Related to the Grip Issue, maybe my older Post helps a little:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4451&p=41315#p41315

Return to “Technical Support”