Gladiator K : mechanical question on axis Y

Moderator: AdminGroup

eWildcat

Gladiator K : mechanical question on axis Y

Postby eWildcat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 19:29

I got my brand new Gladiator K two weeks ago.
The ergonomics is brilliant, I love it.
However I have questions about how the Y axis should behave or not.

The stick always centers back flawlessly when I release it on the roll axis, no matter how wide the movement was.
On the contrary when I push or pull the stick it centers back fully once I release it only if the initial movement was big enough. It doesn't for small movements (less than 10-15 % of the maximum stick course) : the stick moves a bit toward the center but keeps stuck on a slightly positive or negative position when I release it. It's not a matter of calibration: it's a mechanical one, very noticeable with the bare eye. The stick doesn't center back fully as if the Y-axis spring wasn't strong enough to make it do so.
I added some grease to the Y mecanism, but it didn't change anything.

Moreover, at the very center of the Y axis, there's a 3-mm (measured at the top of the stick) course over which the base mecanism doesn't move even if you move the stick. This appears to be caused by a small play of the rod that moves the Y mecanism. It doesn't perfectly fit in the Y mecanism (by about 0,5 mm).

Those two behaviours make small pitch corrections difficult, which is a pity considering how accurate the axis are electronically speaking.

So my questions are very simple : are those behaviours normal behaviours or is my stick faulty ? And if so can I do something about it ?

Escapetaxi

Re: Gladiator K : mechanical question on axis Y

Postby Escapetaxi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 22:40

I can put my little Finger lightly on top of the Stick and that is registered by the Sensors.

Maybe it is play between the Grip and Stick? I had this Issue also with the Gladiator MK. II.
Opened up the Grip and added some wraps of Sticky Tape around the upper Stick. Use something that is very low
in friction on the Surface and find the right amount. Otherwise Twist is hard to move and can even stuck, when too
much applied.

Also I have re-greased every Part. Also the thin Rails that come in Contact with the Stick.

The Twist-Sensor was also a little bit loose in there. Have put some thin Paper pieces under the rails. Now also Twist
works accurate - without "random" off-setting.

Sorry for bad English!

// EDIT
Maybe that Picture helps a little. It was before the Modifications.

Inside007.JPG

// EDIT
Somehow readed MK. II the whole time, instead of just K. Which means, you don't have the KG12 - it is Kosmosima Grip.

Well, ...maybe this Post still somehow helps... or gives at least a hint. :(

Return to “Technical Support”